Hi, everyone. I haven't dropped by in a while, but nothing has moved me off my S7E. 18+ months and counting shatters the record for me and Android phones.

This is likely not specifically an S7E issue, but figured I'd start here in case any of you have encountered it.

It seems I am getting crazy wakelocks by the official Twitter app. I'm not entirely certain exactly when it started, though my battery life since Nougat update has been a shadow of its former self overall. I've noticed the Twitter issue specifically over the past 4 or 5 days.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled, etc. My Twitter settings haven't changed from what they've always been. I do get notifications if favorite people tweet, replies and RTs to me, etc., but I always have.

I unchecked the data sync setting and it's made no difference (don't even know what it syncs exactly and it had been checked historically).

I'm not having any performance type issues related to Twitter.

Ideas or suggestions?

Also, I know Samsung phones have a rep for battery life drop-off after a while. All phones do, but it seems something for which Samsung particularly gets dinged. I'm probably getting 4 hours less overall battery life than I was before Nougat. Is that level of deterioration the norm for Samsung handsets over time?

Anyway, thanks for any help.
    09-23-2017 12:47 PM
    Forgot to attach the screenshot. Twitter is on some serious caffeine.
    Attached Thumbnails VZW S7 Edge & Twitter Wakelocks-12980.jpg  
    09-23-2017 12:51 PM
    I use a battery tester app to see if any cells are dead on my S7E and it did mitigate some battery performance issues.
    09-23-2017 09:41 PM
    I get this notification fairly often, as well.
    Attached Thumbnails VZW S7 Edge & Twitter Wakelocks-12987.jpg  
    09-24-2017 12:53 PM
    If you've uninstalled and reinstalled, then Twitter itself has a problem.

Can Twitter send an SMS for notifications? I only use the mobile web site for both Facebook and Twitter. I know Facebook has a way to send notifications to SMS (I do not use this feature as I don't care about Facebook notifications). Does Twitter have the same?
    09-25-2017 09:23 AM
    If you've uninstalled and reinstalled, then Twitter itself has a problem.

Can Twitter send an SMS for notifications? I only use the mobile web site for both Facebook and Twitter. I know Facebook has a way to send notifications to SMS (I do not use this feature as I don't care about Facebook notifications). Does Twitter have the same?
    Twitter can send DM notifications via SMS. I don't think it can send me notifications via SMS of when my favorite people tweet. I wouldn't want it to, anyway. That would just be an unmanageable way to interact with Twitter.
    09-25-2017 12:49 PM