Hello I purchased a Samsung s7 Edge 3 months ago from Tesco mobile. The handset is in pristine condition, not a single scratch apart from the long crack that randomly appeared on the rear glass of the handset today. It has never been dropped, sat on etc and I am so broken hearted about this. I took it back to Tescos this evening and they told me they wouldn't do anything until it had been sent of for evaluation by a third party. They also sad that at no point would I be able to receive a refund under any circumstances and the best they would do is give me another handset of the same model, even though I said I would never accept another s7 edge as I had lost confidence in the handset.

I feel hard-done-by and salty about this situation.

Can anyone advise me on how to resolve this problem ty
    09-27-2017 12:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but you're probably stuck. It's hard to prove that a crack wasn't caused by trauma, and damage like this isn't covered by warranty. That's why (a) you should always consider buying some extra insurance (which does cover accidental damage), (b) you should always have a case, since you never can be sure when and where trauma might happen, and (c) you should consider avoiding phones that use delicate materials like glass as their outer casing.
    09-27-2017 01:13 PM
    Hi, thank you for the response. I do have insurance on the item, but am so furious that It has failed with no reason at all that I am refusing to claim on it. Why should I have to pay the excess for a dodgy phone. I have never been so angry with a retail purchase in my life. I have received a reply from Samsung today saying that I have to pay for the repair myself. They didn't even offer to evaluate the handset to prove it wasn't impact related.

Every television in our home is Samsung and everything we do goes through Tesco's. Shopping, fuel and mobile phones. This is now changing.

I cant believe how despicable these big businesses can be over a small amount of money. I am going to seek legal advice about the matter as customers must have some defence when they truly are innocent

thanks again and I hope others read this and avoid the S7 EDGE handset
    09-28-2017 08:15 AM
    Hi, thank you for the response. I do have insurance on the item, but am so furious that It has failed with no reason at all that I am refusing to claim on it. Why should I have to pay the excess for a dodgy phone. I have never been so angry with a retail purchase in my life. I have received a reply from Samsung today saying that I have to pay for the repair myself. They didn't even offer to evaluate the handset to prove it wasn't impact related.

Every television in our home is Samsung and everything we do goes through Tesco's. Shopping, fuel and mobile phones. This is now changing.

I cant believe how despicable these big businesses can be over a small amount of money. I am going to seek legal advice about the matter as customers must have some defence when they truly are innocent

thanks again and I hope others read this and avoid the S7 EDGE handset
    Hard to say that when I have the S7E and it's survived for over a year now.

But I'm under the impression that something may have happened to it without your knowledge and it's really difficult to prove that the damage is not impact related.

Unless you can prove its not (maybe defective battery that expanded?) you can't get warranty. The only case of self broken rear glass I saw that Samsung covered was due to battery expansion.
    09-28-2017 08:32 AM
    the battery has been immensely short on life lately, hmmm ty for response.
    09-29-2017 04:02 PM
    Nothing you can do really other then claim off insurance or live with the crack, as far as tesco and samsung are concerned glass doesn't just crack without reason, and proving it wasn't you is almost impossible.
    10-01-2017 06:47 AM