I woke up to a Samsung s7 edge burning my shoulder at 5am I mean it did actually hurt haha, the phone was not under my pillow and the phone was so hot I couldn't keep it in my hands for more than 3 seconds even if that, so I eventually got it outside on my windowsill, so I woke my mum up because I didn't want to do anything stupid in case it went on fire, so we took it off the windowsill and my mum had to run downstairs and put it in the backgarden. The phone won't turn on at all, Just so you know my phone was even dead when it went burning hot it had no charge in it..
    10-03-2017 11:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Glad no one got hurt! Is it still under warranty? My guess is a defective battery.

Was it charging at the time? Even if it wasn't under a pillow, it's not a great idea to leave a device on a blanket or something similar, since it can't dissipate heat well (which makes sense -- blankets are intended to retain heat). That can increase the risk for thermal runaway if the battery starts having problems.
    10-04-2017 04:59 PM