I went to bed at 2 am. My phone was at 99% when I woke up this morning at 10am, it was at %66 .

10-05-2017 10:20 AM
    By the way, the always on display feature is off by midnight. I don't use night clock feature.
    10-05-2017 12:18 PM
    I've noticed more drain than I'd like overnight and I'm sure it's more than it was when I first got the phone just a few weeks ago (picked one up on a very good discount when I switched from Apple and got tired of paying newest flagship prices).

Seems to be a common problem with Android. I've got to the stage where a factory reset I think will be needed before I'm rid of the problem completely which for me drains about 1% per hour overnight. I normally drop 10% or so.

I suppose 10% isn't bad but my iPhone drops around 2% overnight. I leave the AOD on overnight and tried turning that off and location services but it makes no impact on the drain so I don't bother now. PITA though and a problem that also plagued me when I last tried Android with an S4.

I've done all the suggested fixes on forums too. Wiping the cache etc, hard reset etc etc. I'm guessing it's some rogue app and I probably should reset the device and reinstall apps 5 at a time and check overnight drop. It's such a PITA to have to set everything up again though (including registering banking secure key apps again - a mission in itself!!) and go through the slow process of gradually installing apps that I can't really be bothered.

Seems Android has got little better in this regard!
    10-05-2017 08:58 PM
    I've noticed more drain than I'd like overnight and I'm sure it's more than it was when I first got the phone just a few weeks ago (picked one up on a very good discount when I switched from Apple and got tired of paying newest flagship prices).

Seems to be a common problem with Android. I've got to the stage where a factory reset I think will be needed before I'm rid of the problem completely which for me drains about 1% per hour overnight. I normally drop 10% or so.

I suppose 10% isn't bad but my iPhone drops around 2% overnight. I leave the AOD on overnight and tried turning that off and location services but it makes no impact on the drain so I don't bother now. PITA though and a problem that also plagued me when I last tried Android with an S4.

I've done all the suggested fixes on forums too. Wiping the cache etc, hard reset etc etc. I'm guessing it's some rogue app and I probably should reset the device and reinstall apps 5 at a time and check overnight drop. It's such a PITA to have to set everything up again though (including registering banking secure key apps again - a mission in itself!!) and go through the slow process of gradually installing apps that I can't really be bothered.

Seems Android has got little better in this regard!
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about it, it never drained that much over night. It would really suck to have to do a factory reset.
    10-05-2017 09:48 PM