Hello everybody.

A few days ago my father gave me his S7 Edge which he has been using for about a year and a half with no severe usage. The first 2-3 days the batteru life was awesome, I only charhed the phone WITHOUT fast charging so in about 2-3 hours it went from 1 to 100 percent. Yesterday I had to go out soon and my battery was low so I used fast charging. After charging though I noticed that the battety drained much faster than when I charged it normally. So I let it drain and charged it fully again but this time no fast charging, just normal. But the battery still drains very fast, its like its a different phons than it was yesterday. I have this app called AccuBattery and it shows hoe much percentage drops per hour. Normally it was about 5% per hour and since I used fast charging it has been about 10-15 per hour. Can anyone please help me?

Sorry if I sound crazy, but just dumped my iPhone and coming to android was such a nice change, awesome battery life and now I feel like I've somehow ruined the phone.
    10-13-2017 05:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That might have been coincidence. It would help to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    10-14-2017 07:09 PM
    I have noticed the same problem with my s7 edge recently. After charging my phone with quick charge, the battery seems to drain very quickly until I restart my device. The battery drain seems to come from the "andriod system" when looking at my battery usage. This will consume over 40% of my battery if I don't restart my phone to fixthe battery drain. Once i restart my phone the battery usage from the "andriod system" drops significantly. So far I have found no permanent fix for this issue, and the only temporary fix being restarting my phone after using quick charge.

Anyone else have this problem and/or have any other solutions? This is extremely annoying to have to deal with this on a daily basis.
    10-16-2017 12:49 PM