S7 Edge Suddenly Not compatible with most of my apps. 10/17/2017

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was just looking through my Google play library and realized that I couldn't install a couple of apps that's fine whatever, but then I look at an app I had installed just the other day that is now not even compatible. Which then got me to look at my other apps and some of which aren't compatible anymore.

Two examples of some apps not being compatible are Clash Royale and Clash of Clans and it’s not just Supercell apps. (Both of which just had an update I was able to update one but now I can’t even find them but when I did I can’t do anything. If there any other apps that are the same it won’t show me)

My android version is 7.0. I don't recall an update being installed since atleast two months ago. I don't know what all I need to say about my model but I can post more info if and as needed. I've tried clearing Google play cache and reinstalling it neither worked.

FamouSrt4

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Noticed the same problem the other day on my S7. Can't play clash of clans now. No one seems to want to help me figure it out. I dont think its a carrier problem but whos your carrier.

Kcg23

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I was just looking through my Google play library and realized that I couldn't install a couple of apps that's fine whatever, but then I look at an app I had installed just the other day that is now not even compatible. Which then got me to look at my other apps and some of which aren't compatible anymore.

I posted this anonymously since then I have created an account. If you have intel or the same problem feel free to respond to this thread or pm me.

Last edited:

wsgaskins

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My carrier is sprint.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (flat) on a Sprint re-seller -- Boost Mobile.

I lost compatibility with the Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow game, but as I was trying to debug that problem I also noticed that I was incompatible with Android Auto, and after I uninstalled that, I couldn't re-install it because it was "incompatible" with my device.

I've tried all of the Play Store / Play Services clearing cache and uninstalling updates suggestions but none of those have worked so far. I'm dreading the next suggested fix -- factory reset -- because I also have a bunch of work related apps installed and I fear it will take a while to get them all setup and get the token generators synchronized and authorized again.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any problems with any of my apps on my S7 edge. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.

James Provot Jr

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
I had this issue and had to factory reset my phone and then reinstall my apps. None of my apps would update. Then I was stupid and did the system update again and now i have the same problem so I'll have to factory reset again. My carrier is verizon.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You can use Samsung's Smart Switch for PC/Mac to backup and restore.

LOT of junkware/adware in those "cache clean" apps on GPS. Wiping the cache partition us a breeze.

junaid hussain2

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Yup facing same problem here... S7 edge international exynos dual sim version couldn't update war of robots and cant install even social media says incompatible with the version