My Samsung Galaxy S7 had a working 64GB SD card installed that had all my music files. I was using excerpts from the songs for ringtones , notifications, etc. Over the recent Thanksgiving holiday weekend the latest Android system update downloaded and installed. After that I noticed that when I received a call my phone played a stock ringtone instead of the music file. I finally got around to checking this out when I discovered the phone no longer recognized my SD card. I pulled the card out and first tried the card in a laptop card reader that did not recognize that the card had been inserted. I then tried it in a tablet and a Samsung Galaxy S4 both with the same results. This also happened with my wife's SD card on her S7 with the results as above. I took a 128GB card from the tablet and it was really recognized by both phones and the laptop. Had this happened to anyone else or had this been reported?
    12-28-2017 11:31 PM
    It sounds like what happened with an S3 update. SanDisk had to modify the firmware on their cards to prevent it from happening (which they did before Samsung came out with an update that fixed the problem).
    12-29-2017 05:07 PM