I have one idea how it started. Certain apps shows notifications but disappears like 1 second then swipes away lost forever. YouTube notifications are on in the settings but I can't receive them. Sometimes the notifications don't appear at all. Some notifications still stay like snapchat and facebook but now my messenger also went crazy. It started getting annoying. I think it started when one time YouTube spammed me like crazy because of new videos. I kept swiping them away because I'm playing online (I didn't know about the "no alerts thing" on game tools) I think that triggers somehow?? But that doesn't make sense. Any ideas and suggestions? Thank youuu
    01-11-2018 09:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any other devices also logged into the same accounts? Or do you have a smartwatch connected to the phone? If the notifications are for messages or events that are also being seen on other devices (e.g., a computer that has that app or website always open), then it might think that the message has been read, and therefore the notification will disappear.
    01-12-2018 11:24 PM
    I've got this same issue. Been happening for about 3 weeks.
    Happens with my calendar events and some apps. Voicemail notification just not showing up. Ive turned on all notifications and tried uninstalling some apps I recently installed. No dice. Very frustrating. Almost ready to format phone and start over.
    03-04-2018 09:40 AM