Hi all.I hope you can help me.I had some problems with this phone when I pluged it in for charging sometimes fast charging didn't work.Then I unplugged it and plugged it again to wall socket and it did fast charging.Then suddenly fast charging didn't work at all.I replaced the usb cable with other one and for 2-3 weeks it worked OK.Today I can not fast charge it again.I bought again new cable (third one) and fast charging sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't.
    I am using original charger which came with the phone.
    I can not find anymore original charger just some Chinese copies of it.
    I've used one of them and every 2-3 minutes the phone got disconected from charging so I switched to the original charger.
    The fast charging option is turned ON.This drives me crazy.Is the phone faulty?
    01-14-2018 08:09 AM
    I think it's worth trying a replacement charging plug. There seem to be a lot of genuine Samsung fast chargers available, at least in the US:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=6Bfm0Y1g
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=iDBhBWV5
    01-14-2018 01:31 PM
    By plug you mean charger or should I replace the cable?
    I don't live in US,and I can not get original Samsung charger.
    01-14-2018 02:26 PM
    I mean the wall plug, since you already mentioned changing the USB cable.

What country are you in? Can you find one on eBay or its equivalent?
    01-14-2018 07:47 PM
    OK I bought new charger today in local store.What now?What cable should I use with it?
    01-15-2018 06:51 AM
    Ideally, use an official Samsung USB cable (i.e., one that came with the phone), but any USB cable ought to work, as long as it isn't some supercheap flimsy cable.
    01-15-2018 06:32 PM
    A new USB cable fixed fast charging for me.

Its not a Samsung cable. Just a good quality cable from Amazon.
    03-19-2018 08:26 PM
    Not just any charger will work to activate 'Fast Charging'. Your charger must have the included Qualcomm 2.0 chip (QC 2.0 or above) in it. Not all Samsung chargers have this technology since not all of their devices contain Quick Charge technology. You can find QC Chargers all over Amazon for less than $10. I believe QC 3.0 is the latest version, but it is backwards compatible with 2.0. If you have a current Samsung phone, you shouldn't be buying anything charger related (portable, cigarette lighter style, wall mount, etc) unless it features QC 2.0+, otherwise your just wasting away a very valuable component of your phone.

Now that we have that part explained, lots talk about how QC technology works (I'm paraphrasing here), but basically it activates based on the need of the phone. If your phone is at say 90%, then QC will not activate since the phone is nearly charged. This is to avoid overheating. However, if your phone is below say 20%, fast charger will activate and will continue to rapid charge until it gets to a certain safeguard % to avoid over heating. Sometimes by plugging and unplugging rapidly, you can 'trick' the phone to activate fast charge, but it will eventually stabilize based on what your phone needs. Hope that helps, or at the least enlightened you a bit.
    03-21-2018 06:03 AM