Mobile Data Toggle - Quick Tile - No Root

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Any way to get Mobile Data Toggle on a tmobile flashed S7Edge? I have not rooted/ cannot root. Phone is with my parents. Any help is appreciated.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, not with an easy fix or widget. This thread from XDA seems to have done it on an ATT one, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a T-Mo one. However, as you'll see, it's not for the faint of heart or non-tech-savvy, so proceed with caution.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...ttings-tile-toggle-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

wow, thank you. Unfortunately, this is not something my parents can do... I may be able to do it when I am with their phone physically...

Thanks again.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Airplane mode works too, but that, obviously, shuts off cellular function as well. I just noticed that the Switch IS there on a Note 8, so it might still be there on the S7 Edge, but they'd have to follow the steps through the settings (Settings, Connections, Data Usage, Mobile Data switch). If they use a launcher that supports action shortcuts, they might be able to find the 'shortcut' to go to that screen directly.

If the concern is not using mobile data at all, what you can do is from the same Settings section, set up a mobile data limit to '0 MB'. That way, mobile data would be shut off automatically pretty much as soon as you set it up. And you can also set it to reset per billing cycle so that it does it every month.