Why is the google chrome app redirecting me to spam contest sites

Td14

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Hey,
The google chrome app keeps redirecting me to random popup sites when clicking on legitimate sites such as this one. Ive browsed the internet quite tirelessly in search of a solution but thr problem persists. Most recently ive disabled 3rd party cookies and turned on datasaver. This fixed the issue for a few days but it seems to hsve returned. Other solutions ive tried is uninstalling and disabling chrome and clearing the app cache. Ive also turned off target ads on my goolge account. This seems to be a relatively common issue so i hope someone has a solution.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Some site you previously visited might have added the redirect. Try going to Chrome's privacy settings and clear all browser data "from the beginning of time." Do the same on your desktop Chrome browser.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing a similar issue.. always redirected by rgshark.com ..

Tried resetting all settings, but no joy.. It seems deeper than just a minor reset, I'm suspecting its embedded in an app somewhere.. So far I suspect showbox!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if Showbox were responsible for adware, and even malware, since it's not available on Google Play (due to copyright infringement issues).