Please Help! Corrupted SD Card with 3 years worth of Pictures on it

nickthegreat47

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, But I really need help. I had a Galaxy s5 up until last year, and I switched to the s7 edge. I had transferred all of the photos and data from the s5 to the s7 edge on a 128gb sandisk micro sd card. There were some signs of file corruption I didn't fully acknowledge, such as songs skipping and corrupted photos. I thought maybe the files themselves were corrupted, not the whole card. Long story short, I started having trouble moving and saving files onto the card, and now my phone won't read the card. It says I have to format it, which I will NOT do until I have somehow backed up the data, because I fear losing all of the memory on it. I have pictures all the way back to 2015 on it, including every single picture of my dog I've ever taken since I adopted him. I would be devastated to lose these pictures. So, this SD card is becoming a big stress, as it won't let me copy files, delete files, move files, etc. I ran a chkdsk and got this result:

The type of the file system is exFAT.
Windows is verifying files and folders...
Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap.
The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters
detected in file \Download of name 1.
Corruption was found while examining files in directory \ (18).

I tried deleting unneeded files on it to save room and retry this, and it wouldn't let me delete anything. I've tried multiple times to backup the data on it (which my computer will still read for the most part), and I get errors almost every single time. It will stop on certain files and come up with an error message.

I will accept any recommendations on software to either repair or backup all of the data successfully, or fixes, no matter how complicated. I really need to save these pictures.

Doc X

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I can't help you fix the card but get Google photos app and it will back up all of your pictures and videos so if your card dies you'll still have a copy of your images.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12