Reliability of the S7 Edge SM-G935A

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm a LONG time Galaxy user, which in this case means I'm STILL using my S3, the reason being its never once failed me in all these years. But its obvious its time to move up, though I'd prefer NOT spending the $$ for the S8 or S9. That said, I'm curious if the S7 has been as reliable as my S3. And yes, I realize most that post in the forums are having issues which is a small % of the owners. I'm debating between the S7 edge, OnePlus 3T and ZTE Axon 7 in case you're wondering. Thanks

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a LONG time Galaxy user, which in this case means I'm STILL using my S3, the reason being its never once failed me in all these years. But its obvious its time to move up, though I'd prefer NOT spending the $$ for the S8 or S9. That said, I'm curious if the S7 has been as reliable as my S3. And yes, I realize most that post in the forums are having issues which is a small % of the owners. I'm debating between the S7 edge, OnePlus 3T and ZTE Axon 7 in case you're wondering. Thanks
I've been using my S7E for more than a year with no issues. Dngrswife the same.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my first S7 Edge on the day it was first released. It lasted 10 months before I got a pink vertical line down the right side... I kept using it until a few days before the 1 yr warranty expired. So I got a replacement (don't know if it was new) under the warranty plan. I've had that replacement unit for 13 months and have never had a problem with it... Still going strong. Battery is decent. I'm a heavy user but I'm not a gamer... I use it for business, texting, lots of calls, and GPS. In those 13 months I've never had to do a factory reset. {knock on wood}. So, in my humble, yet accurate, opinion I would go with the S7 Edge!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I got an s7 not too long ago as a phone to take running with me for music. By today's standards I'd say it's a decent low-to-mid-end phone. With 3GB of RAM there are some stutters and such. It has decent camera, wireless charging, water resistance, SD slot. You could certainly do worse.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I got an s7 not too long ago as a phone to take running with me for music. By today's standards I'd say it's a decent low-to-mid-end phone. With 3GB of RAM there are some stutters and such. It has decent camera, wireless charging, water resistance, SD slot. You could certainly do worse.

The Samsung site shows both the Edge and S7 with 4 GB of RAM. I found a seller on Ebay with an S7 in pristine condition and he's including the Qi charger. If I can snag it for $100 or so, it will obviously be far better than my aging S3 which still runs nicely but browsing and other stuff is slow as ****.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using a factory unlocked S7 Edge. I bought a year ago December 26th to replace a broken Edge. The battery life on this phone is the best I have ever seen, even better then my Note 8 so I tend to use this phone as my daily most days when I'm not using an iPhone.

The S7 Edge has probably been my most favorite Android phone ever.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using a factory unlocked S7 Edge. I bought a year ago December 26th to replace a broken Edge. The battery life on this phone is the best I have ever seen, even better then my Note 8 so I tend to use this phone as my daily most days when I'm not using an iPhone.

The S7 Edge has probably been my most favorite Android phone ever.

Good to know...Still in the hunt though there are tons of them on auction. Most speed tests on YouTube demonstrate either the S7 or S7 Edge being pretty hard to beat also :) While my GS3 is a turtle it's been the most reliable device I've owned and is still ticking!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I have both an S3 and S7 Edge. The S7 Edge is miles better. And so far has been really reliable.

Nice to see your S3 is still rocking like mine. Still hunting for a good S7 at a reasonable price. And yes it comes as little surprise the S7 is miles better :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12