My phone's battery is draining hardcore!

ChooseAnotherName

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
As you can see in the picture, the phone is draining 12% per hour and lost 45% in 3 hours. I only played pubg for 1 hour. I really don't want to Factory reset my phone because I've seen many people saying that it didn't help.

Attachments

• 9440.jpg
    9440.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 32

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it's just PUBG. The drain chart was pretty okay I think for the first part given thay it's an oldet battery and after 2 years needs replacing. The drain only became huge on the latter part where I assume coincides with your playing.

It's just an old battery.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought this phone back in October refurbished, from Samsung, on Amazon. I'm pretty sure they would replace the battery, right?
Oh. Hmm. Don't know really. I'm not in the US and to be honest I've never seen or used a refurbished phone. But considering the game you played (PUBG), I'm pretty sure it takes a whole drain on the battery.

When my S7 Edge was new, War Robots ate like 10-15% of the battery per hour. It's a third person 6v6 shooter on Android. Maps are smaller than PUBG too. So I'd expect PUBG to be even worse on the battery.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I backed up my data and FDR my phone. Battery is like new! I'll be sure to play PUBG when I'm plugged in.
Personally no, I'd rather not plug it in and just limit the sessions. Plugging it in would increase the heat and just overall lead to faster battery deterioration and increase chances of battert swell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang