Ordeo update - how to dismiss 'notification numbers' from screen icons

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
My S7 Galaxy edge has always popped up with little numbers saying, for example, how many waiting text messages, or emails were waiting to be viewed. Before the recent update I used to be able to press and hold the icon (or icon group) to dismiss the little numbers and 'clear' the icon (or icon group). Since the android update a week or so ago (Oreo?) pressing and holding the icon now only offers 'select item' or 'delete folder'. I don't like it. How can I now dismiss the numbers without opening each separate application. I want the numbers to appear (I've worked out how to stop them entirely), but how do I now dismiss them without having to open each application please?

NB. Many thanks for the update Rukbat - I want to reply to your answer, but the system won't show the reply option.

I do wish the 'Powers that be' that write these things would stop second guessing what users want. The ability to dismiss the numbers was very useful. Now, as it seems from your kind reply I am forced to turn them off as it has been made so awkward to dismiss them and so I won't see when I've been sent things. Does anyone know how you contact the people that make these decisions to tell them you don't like the change?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either they appear or they don't, you can't dismiss them. Something else that you and Google don't agree on.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
NB. So I edited the initial text above and now it's shown the reply pane {slaps forehead with hand!}

So:

I do wish the 'Powers that be' that write these things would stop second guessing what users want. The ability to dismiss the numbers was very useful. Now, as it seems from your kind reply I am forced to turn them off as it has been made so awkward to dismiss them and so I won't see when I've been sent things. Does anyone know how you contact the people that make these decisions to tell them you don't like the change?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21