Thinking of getting a S7 Edge - do you still recommend this phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I don't like buying new phones and was thinking of getting a used/refurbished S7 Edge. I see a lot of the phones for sale on ebay with screen burn-in issues as well as lines and dark spots/bars on the display. Is this a common issue?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have two of them in the house. Neither of them have had the issues that you described. In fact, they've been very solid.

I'd avoid eBay though like the plague. Look on someplace like Swappa of you want to buy used. Too many unknowns on eBay. Your carrier might also have some old stock at a good price. And check Samsung. They sell new and certified pre-owned phones at decent prices with a warranty. I've bought several times from them, and the devices were first-class.

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't like buying new phones and was thinking of getting a used/refurbished S7 Edge. I see a lot of the phones for sale on ebay with screen burn-in issues as well as lines and dark spots/bars on the display. Is this a common issue?
I love mine and the functionality still is very competitive in my opinion. I would buy one without hesitation... for the right price.

I don't plan to change until my battery dies or the hardware gives out.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Performance wise, the S7 and S7 Edge are superior to many competitors at the same price, and even against more expensive ones. You can get the Edge for half the price of a Galaxy A8 (2018) and it's going to be slightly faster with a bigger battery.

The caveats being: Oreo is the last OS update for it, and second, I don't expect security updates to go beyond the 1st quarter of 2019, if it even reaches that for those in the US. So if you're okay with both of those, go for it. If not, you can look at an S8.

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
All I can tell you is Verizon is offering a trade-in for the S9, and my S7 Edge (now with Oreo) qualifies for it. It would cost me $200 to pay off my S7, and (supposedly) my monthly bill would drop by $16. After researching the S9, I am staying with my S7. Cannot find a compelling reason to "upgrade."

Last edited:

fredhenk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Had my 7edge since 2016. Never had a single issue. Mine is thru AT&T. Use it constantly. Still extremely fast and takes the greatest pics. Battery still lasts all day easily.