Hey all...hoping someone here can help. I have been round the bend with the Textra support folks (who are wonderful, BTW) and cannot find the cause of this issue.

I have used Textra for a very long time - never had any issues with in on my Galaxy S7. For whatever reason, one day, it stopped marking my messages as read in the android/Samsung stock messages app. Wouldn't be a huge issue but for a few things:

If I don't go in and mark them read myself, the moment I connect to the Bluetooth in my car - I get a metric crap ton of notifications from my car from all the unread messages in the stock app

I have my auto-reply on in my vehicle, so when I get in and start the vehicle, it sends messages that I am driving and can't text to all unread messages - so people get that hours, days, weeks after I have replied to and deleted the text in Textra if I don't also mark read in the stock app

The stock app is showing that I am receiving and sending messages 2, 3 times

Textra support worked with me and turns out that it's happening no matter what app I use (we tried Chomp, Android Messaging and a couple of others, so it seems like it must be the stock app that is causing the issue. This started happening when I was on Android Nougat...was not fixed with the upgrade to Oreo.

I really dislike the stock app and want to continue to use Textra but this is driving me bonkers. Can anyone help? Anyone having the same issue?
    07-18-2018 11:30 AM
    I had the same issue on the Note 8. When I switched to the S9 it stopped, so I assumed it was a version issue. I never had auto-reply set up so that wasn't a problem, but the random barrage of notifications that would send my dashboard into a seizure was annoying. Unfortunately I never figured out how to clear it...but for me it also started bugging out after setting up my line for T-Mobile's DIGITS so I thought it had something to do with that.

Have you tried backing up your messages and deleting the stock message app's cache/data? I know that at least on Oreo only the app that is set as default has full access and other apps, even the stock one, have issues with MMS and read receipts (but at least on Oreo I don't get the notifications from my car anymore).
    07-18-2018 11:43 AM
    I have cleared the cache many times, yes. Cannot remember if I ever cleared the DATA tho...but I did that about 5 min before I read your message so we'll see if that helps.

For the heck of it I also went in and turned off Messages' ability to turn on other apps like bluetooth. Really just another thing I haven't tried so I figured why not.

Fingers crossed :-)
    07-18-2018 12:28 PM