My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge was only a couple of weeks old, but I noticed it would randomly restart itself. Sometimes it happened a few times in a row, other times I'd go for a whole day without it happening.

I had a look online and it appears that people suggested rebooting it into safe mode so I did, but after about an hour it rebooted itself again.

Next the suggestion was to wipe cache partition, which I did, and it said done.

In the recovery mode menu after the wipe I selected reboot device and it said rebooting, but stayed like that for a number of hours. I wondered what was up so thought I'd try restarting the phone but it came up with a random blue screen with crazy colours, and the phone is now dead.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    08-19-2018 04:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Wiping the cache itself probably wasn't the main culprit. It may have been that the firmware got corrupted somehow (with the random reboots being an early symptom), or that there is a hardware failure somewhere. Unfortunately, there may not be much else you can do besides bringing it to a repair shop for more definitive diagnosis.
    08-19-2018 03:36 PM