Anyone else had issue with Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge screen turning green and never being normal again?
    11-29-2018 10:53 AM
    I never used to have a preference, bought phones based on design(looks) and price. I was young and naive, of course. My first phone was a LG Chocolate(red wine color) and what a beauty it was! Next phone was a Samsung Wave S, again bought it for looks and the price. Now I think back and wonder why I never bothered to research into basic specs, the Wave wasn't even an Android. This big screened phone couldn't open basic emails from college email systems. I still didn't think of upgrading. Its only by chance that I got an iPhone 5C next. This was my first interaction with a "real" phone of the future, iOS was like a spaceship compared to my wave that ran bada(I think), a bicycle compared to this spaceship of phone. Got well acquainted with the no frills iOS and still like it till date. But then came another unexpected phone change (no, I'm not lucky like this all the time with most things). I was given a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. At first I was totally overwhelmed with all the choices I had, I could customize and personalize almost anything! But at the time I thought that there wasn't much need for all this extra hu ha stuff. But slowly I started to get. Sharing things(photos, files) was super easy. SONGS! I could directly download songs without having to go through the tricky iTunes process (which sometimes would result in my songs list being emptied). This was the Millennium Falcon of phones for me thus far in my life. Tragedy struck when one day I was in bed just scrolling through instagram. First I saw one pink line, thought the picture had a pink line but turns out (as I soon found out in horror) it was my phone going berserk. Two pink lines, screen turned green, and then total blackout. The phone was barley two years old at this point. Wasn't able to access my phone that whole night, it was only the next morning that the screen came to color. But after 10 minutes turned green. It has had a permanent green hue since that day. What frustrates me is that I didn't do anything to bring this upon myself. And the screen replacement is a charge I have to bare, its expensive! I could buy a phone in the price they have quoted. Also, it's so frustrating that the exchange value of this phone is 1/13th of its current market price. I have been meaning to write a complaint but have hesitated because I feel it will all be in vain. I don't want to get any hopes us. Though I strongly believe Samsung ought to give me a brand new phone in place of this. Do you think I should write them a letter? Because I have now been using my phone with whack colors(basically totally washed out, burnt colors) for over 2 months.
    I didn't drop the phone, I didn't drop it in water, I didn't have any virus-y apps downloaded.
    Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the phone let me know. Though I have already tried most things.
    11-29-2018 11:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How long have you had the phone, and is it under warranty?
    11-29-2018 11:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I merged your similar threads.

The S7 edge came out in Feb 2016, so it's been out for more than 2.5 years. I don't know exactly how old yours is, but chances are that it's out of warranty. Once a device is out of warranty, the manufacturer has no obligation whatsoever to repair or replace a device, regardless of the problem. That's the case with any other product that has a warranty. You either need to bring the phone to a repair shop, or look into getting a new phone. Sorry!
    11-29-2018 11:49 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply ! Yes, it is now 2years old so it is no longer under warranty. But my frustration is that I paid top dollar for a phone which defected on me from no fault of my own. It was not dropped, not a single scratch on the body is a testement to this. I thus have now incurred a financial loss. Paid almost $800 for this phone and it didn't even last me 2yrs. And the exchange value is only $59 and cost to repair from official Samsung store is $202. So now I will not buy a Samsung again, nor will I recommend anyone to do so. What's surprising is that one Google search reveals that a lot of people have faced this issue yet Samsung has not made an effort to address such issues.
    12-01-2018 11:46 PM
    It's frustrating, but this is how it is for any product. For example, if you buy a new car with a 3 year limited warranty, and something fails at the 3 year and 1 day mark, the car manufacturer isn't going to help you for free because you're frustrated. The warranty is something both the company and you agreed to when you bought the product. The only thing that the company is obligated to repair or replace outside of warranty would be something that was the subject of a recall, and that's because it poses a safety hazard.
    12-02-2018 12:21 AM