Moving photos from S7e to computer with Smart Switch

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I have photos saved on SD card so after connecting my phone,I select Card/DCIM/Camera & I get a window with all my JPGs & I can drag them to copy onto my computer Hard Drive.

The problem:

I cannot change the default order of the long list of photos.

There are 3 column headings; Name, Date Modified & File Size.

I want them ordered by date modified.

Instead they seem to be ordered by name. So when I have several new pix to transfer, I find them difficult to quickly locate.

I tried clicking or Right clicking on the column headings to see if that changes it but, no.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The date modified is normally going to be the date you copied them to the PC, so that won't do you much good. There are EXIF programs that can modify the file date to be the same as the EXIF date, but you'f have to find one (use Google), install it on your PC, then run it on that folder, telling it to modify all files (*.*). And you'd have to do that on all new pictures (or you could just run it on all again).

The alternative is to rename the pictures by yyyymmdd<the actual name>, so the name sort would be sorting by date.

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I already knew that once I moved the pix to my computer they would all have the same date regardless of when I actually took the photo. That is not my issue. Even though it is annoying.

If I have 100 photos stored on my phone & I take 4 new pix today.
I want to use Smart Switch to move those 4 new pix to my computer, I do not want to do anything with the old photos.

Once I open the window showing the folder with all my pix, they are all listed an order by name & NOT ordered by date created or modified.
Once photos are on my computer, I can change names, change column headings, select how to organize the list, etc. No problem.

I am specifically talking about when I view the list of photos, still on my phone, using my computer & Smart Switch. It is very difficult to find the new ones that I want to select to move.

I can click or right click on the 3 column headings & nothing happens.

Maybe Smart Switch does not work well with Macs?

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I’m the OP & am a man.

Still no success.

Today I took 5 new pix & when I went to transfer to my Mac, I found 2 of the new ones in the middle of the list together & 3 several items down the list. IDK how they are organized but it is very annoying I cannot click or Rt. Click the column headings to change the sort order!

I’m liking Android less & less. (Have other issues I have posted w/o solving.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma