Home and Power button not working properly?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I just started having this issue on my Galaxy s7 Edge today.

The first thing that happened was that my phone kept trying to pull up Google Assistant, interrupting anything I was doing, and asking my to turn it on. It got to the point that I just flat out disabled the Google App.

But now, every time I try to push home it tries to activate my Echo, and when I push the power down button, nothing happened unless I force a restart.

Any insight?

zoey Thomas

Apr 18, 2019
Visit site

The first thing that happened was that my phone kept trying to pull up Google Assistant, interrupting anything I was doing, and asking my to turn it on. It got to the point that I just flat out disabled the Google App.

But now, every time I try to push home it tries to activate my Echo, and when I push the power down button, nothing happened unless I force a restart.

Any insight?

Me:
The same thing is now happening to me. How did You fix it? What Was the cause?

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Not quite sure about the power button, but if you long press/press too long on the home button it will activate Google Assistant which you might’ve changed to Amazon Alexa. Accidentally remapping buttons is probably the most likely event.

cathalkenny

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site

Any insight?

I have the same issue after updating my phone is there any solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci