S7 edge battery drains when locked/on always on display

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So i went to sleep with 100 percent charge and i slept for about 7 hours and the battery was down to 44 percent there is no third party app installed and tried turning off AOD..Phone works fine with screen on it gives me 6 to 7 hours with full screen on and thats okay for me but i dont like that my battery drains when i m not using it please help me!..

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Here are a few things that might drain your battery without you knowing and some tips:

1. The Always On Display will drain some battery but is optimised to use as little power as possible...it shouldn’t really drain more than 10/15%.

2. You should check your actual battery health/capacity (this will tell you your battery’s capacity relative to 100%) as the amount of charge batteries can hold over time gradually decreases. A low battery health could be the problem.

3. If you have Bluetooth/location/data on while your phone is sleeping then that also drains battery in my experience.

4. If you have a weak wifi signal then your phone will constantly be trying to reconnect and that drains battery as well.

5. Final tip is to simply turn on power saving mode when you’re asleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol