Hi, I have changed my microSD card from 64GB to 256GB and transferred all files from it. However, it did not play musics and just skipped them on both Google Play and Samsung music.

The music does however work on the internal storage just not SD card. All of my other files on the SD card work fine.

On Google Play majority of the files appear with 0:00 time on them; however, non of them work with or without the time.

Any ideas?

Thank you, in advance.
    04-30-2019 03:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How did you copy the files? If you Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage) and then remove the card and insert it into your PC, are those music files playable there, or are they also "empty"? If they don't play, then they presumably copied incorrectly.

Another possibility is that the card is counterfeit, and is not actually 256 GB in size. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat or above devices.)
    04-30-2019 09:48 PM
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I copied the files in 2 different ways, the first time I tried was by inserting it into the PC and then into the phone. When that did not work I deleted the files and moved them from my PC to my phone by the USB cable. Unfortunately, neither of the methods worked.

I tried opening them through the USB cable while on PC and I got this error:

"Can't play

This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.

0xc00d36c4"

That was from Grove Music Windows app. However, the very same file on the PC plays just fine.

I also was unable to download the SD Insight app, because my phone is not compatible with this version.
    05-02-2019 10:55 AM
    What I had suggested was to remove the card from the phone and insert it into the PC, and then see if the PC can play the music file directly from the SD. Does that also give you the same error?
    05-02-2019 04:12 PM