I was with my family at a drive in movie and I asked my brother for my phone back, he was just playing his game which has been on my phone for weeks with no problems, the screen and buttons wouldn't respond at all and then it just completely shut off. It wouldn't turn back on the whole way home, I got it to respond after getting home and plugging it in but it was only the s7 edge startup screen and it was vibrating the whole time, the startup screen went off and on 5 times then shut back off, I tried the hold down volume down button and power button and got the reset menu to come up once. I selected restart phone normally, it did the same thing but the startup screen only stayed for 10 seconds and shut off once again. When I plug it in even when it's off the charge symbol comes up, it won't, I came up once for a few seconds but turned back off, the red light indicating its charging is not on. I probably should have clicked factory reset in the menu but I have alot of stuff I was thinking about on my phone. Now I cannot get that menu to come up again to factory reset. This was out of no where also, my phone was working fine then it just froze and this happened. Any tips?
    07-10-2019 12:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the battery suddenly drained, perhaps related to overheating. Plug the phone into a wall outlet and let it charge undisturbed for at least 6 hrs. Then press and hold Power for about 20 seconds to see if it powers on normally.
    07-11-2019 05:43 PM