Verizon Samsung S7 Edge running G935VVRUACSF2 software. Had the phone since the whole Note 7 fiasco and really hasn't been a problem until recently. About a month ago the phone quit receiving Gmail push notifications from ONE of my Gmail accounts. Ended up deleting the account on the phone and reinstalling it and things seemed to be working fine. Now, it's doing something similar. I no longer see new email notifications on the phone when I know I have new emails that I can see on my desktop. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's some bs power management garbage Samsung/Verizon has built into recent OS versions because other background applications seem to be affected as well. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, anything I can do about it...besides deleting and reinstalling email accounts?
    07-27-2019 03:09 PM
    Verizon Samsung S7 Edge running G935VVRUACSF2 software. Had the phone since the whole Note 7 fiasco and really hasn't been a problem until recently. About a month ago the phone quit receiving Gmail push notifications from ONE of my Gmail accounts. Ended up deleting the account on the phone and reinstalling it and things seemed to be working fine. Now, it's doing something similar. I no longer see new email notifications on the phone when I know I have new emails that I can see on my desktop. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's some bs power management garbage Samsung/Verizon has built into recent OS versions because other background applications seem to be affected as well. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, anything I can do about it...besides deleting and reinstalling email accounts?
    You can try to take the email out of app optimizing for battery.
    07-27-2019 03:12 PM
    Will give that a shot. Thanks for the quick reply!
    07-27-2019 03:14 PM
    You can try to take the email out of app optimizing for battery.
    Actually, it says battery optimization is already turned off.
    07-27-2019 03:17 PM
    Actually, it says battery optimization is already turned off.
    Ok , try resetting app preference.
    Go into settings then apps>3 Dots upper right corner tap >app preference
    This reset any restrictions in a app see if that helps
    07-27-2019 03:33 PM
    Ok , try resetting app preference.
    Go into settings then apps>3 Dots upper right corner tap >app preference
    This reset any restrictions in a app see if that helps
    Reset and tweaked a few that were managed that I didn't want to be managed. Now let's see what happens. Thanks!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-27-2019 03:51 PM
    Reset and tweaked a few that were managed that I didn't want to be managed. Now let's see what happens. Thanks!
    Ok , hope it works out for you
    07-27-2019 03:53 PM
    Well...sent my two Gmail accounts a test from a third account and the phone alerted almost immediately from both accounts so maaaybeee it is working. We'll see how it behaves moving forward. Thanks again for the timely responses. Very much appreciated!!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-27-2019 03:58 PM
    Well...sent my two Gmail accounts a test from a third account and the phone alerted almost immediately from both accounts so maaaybeee it is working. We'll see how it behaves moving forward. Thanks again for the timely responses. Very much appreciated!!
    Your welcome, anytime
    07-27-2019 06:35 PM