SM-G935T to SM-G935T ??

John-Jenin

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
My brother got this Qualcomm S7 Edge on used market, so no box or anything. I don't live in the US but there's Verizon logo on the back of the phone. I don't know why but the phone is a bit laggy, so I wanted to flash a custom rom. Unfortunately I couldn't find any guide to flash TWRP for this phone as most guide are for Exynos models only.

Another thing is, according to about phone, my model number is SM-G935F, build number NRD90M.G935FXXU1BQB7 but CPUZ says my model is SM-G935T. I guess somebody must have converted it for whatever the reason is.

Is it still possible for me to flash firmware update on this phone? I'm currently on Android 7.0, I checked sammobile and there's Android 8.0 firmware for SM-G935T.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Seems like this is an international device with TMobile firmware flashed to it. Perhaps there are services such as wifi calling with TM firmware. It's probably OK to flash the TM firmware although I would be inclined to use smart switch to check for upgrades first as opposed to using Odin.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The F is Exynos (so is the build number), so the Exynos TWRP should work. (There's Android 9 for most countries for the F.)

If he's not using TMobile as his carrier, he doesn't need TMobile firmware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OP can't download the TMobile firmware , it's not compatible with Exynos and snapdragon not compatible with Exynos... OP has the international version and firmware