Volume Down Button Not Working.

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
In the past 24 hours I have discovered that the volume down button on my Samsung S7 has stopped responding.

The only thing of significance I have done in the past 24 hours is to download and install the Gear VR software for my headset.

I've read about the issue of the power and volume down button not working together but I can't find any information on the volume down button alone not working.

I am unable to boot into safe mode as this requires the use of both the power and the volume down button to work so I fear that this may be hardware related.

Can anyone offer any advice or has anyone experienced this issue?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
As you are in the rooted and ROMs section of the forums, I assume you must have the Global, G930F, model, as the U.S. Snapdragon models are unrootable. Also, there are very few ROMs for the S7,out and it is probably a beta ROM that you are on. Could you provide a link to your custom ROM?

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I think I've posted in the wrong place. I don't have a rooted device. I am on the Optus Network here in Australia and I am running the Optus branded version of Android 6.

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I went one better. I factory reset my handset. Problem remains. I fear it is a hardware fault. I guess I'm going back to my provider.

Had it not even 3 weeks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia