Does anyone no how to disable automatic software updates from Verizon (Not Google services). I tried to limit data and turned of wifi during download to no avail. The only way to stop the update after pressing install was to hold pwr button and vol down button till I got to factory reset mode. That worked but the software still downloads as soon as data or wifi is re-enable and pop-up comes back asking you to install. Is there a way to disable the notification without rooting phone?
    04-03-2016 06:10 PM
    Does anyone no how to disable automatic software updates from Verizon (Not Google services). I tried to limit data and turned of wifi during download to no avail. The only way to stop the update after pressing install was to hold pwr button and vol down button till I got to factory reset mode. That worked but the software still downloads as soon as data or wifi is re-enable and pop-up comes back asking you to install. Is there a way to disable the notification without rooting phone?
    Hello and welcome to Android Central Texan2drvr!

Rooting is not an option on the U.S. carrier phones. Verizon's own firmware is forced by them to the phone unlike normal Samsung updates. You could try installing App Package Disabler (Samsung) and try disabling the auto update app from Verizon.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-04-2016 05:35 PM