Galaxy S7 Sm 930FD here

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey all!

So I recently got the S7 sm 930fd. The dual sim model as they are the only one officially sold in my country.

When I go to about device and software information I see its running the software with the security patch February the 1st 2016.

I previously owned the S6 edge and it was running the April patch.

When I go to software update it says I'm updated.

I wanted to know if it's possible to flash this phone with the latest firmware from Sammobile. But there's no firmware available for the 930FD model. They're all 930F firmwares.

I have a few questions.
1. I see some threads saying that the security patch information could be faulty. It might be the April one but showing the February one. Is this a thing?
2. Can I flash the 930F firmware on my 930FD?
3. Have there been any improvements with the latest updates? Should I be even worrying about this?

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey all!

So I recently got the S7 sm 930fd. The dual sim model as they are the only one officially sold in my country.

When I go to about device and software information I see its running the software with the security patch February the 1st 2016.

I previously owned the S6 edge and it was running the April patch.

When I go to software update it says I'm updated.

I wanted to know if it's possible to flash this phone with the latest firmware from Sammobile. But there's no firmware available for the 930FD model. They're all 930F firmwares.

I have a few questions.
1. I see some threads saying that the security patch information could be faulty. It might be the April one but showing the February one. Is this a thing?
2. Can I flash the 930F firmware on my 930FD?
3. Have there been any improvements with the latest updates? Should I be even worrying about this?

Install Phone INFO ★Samsung★, free from the Play Store and post your phone's Product Code. This dictates which firmware and updates, if any, you receive.

1. I doubt that the security patch info is incorrect.

2. Yes. See my reply in your other post, here.

3. As far as I am aware, the latest firmware for the G930FD models for India, Nepal and Sri Lanka is G930FXXU1APD1, build date 01 APRIL.

NOTE: As you are posting in the rooted section of the forum, I should add that rooted phones will no longer receive automatic updates.

SamMobile section for the dual sim model is... Firmware for SM-G930FD

Last edited:

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Install Phone INFO ★Samsung★, free from the Play Store and post your phone's Product Code. This dictates which firmware and updates, if any, you receive.

1. I doubt that the security patch info is incorrect.

2. Yes. See my reply in your other post, here.

3. As far as I am aware, the latest firmware for the G930FD models for India, Nepal and Sri Lanka is G930FXXU1APD1, build date 01 APRIL.

NOTE: As you are posting in the rooted section of the forum, I should add that rooted phones will no longer receive automatic updates.

SamMobile section for the dual sim model is... Firmware for SM-G930FD

Oh thank you so much. Though I am not rooted. I'm here because this section has people like you with information :) I got a new s7 and I wanted to flash the stock firmware through odin. It doesn't void any warranty as far as I have tested with my previous phones.

I was just wondering why it still has the February security patch. I went and see an expert and he said the security patch is something external to the regular phone update. He says my phone is already running the latest update but the security patch is of February and haven't been updated by Samsung.

So I guess this meeeeannsss..? Help me out here. What does this mean?

And how does one know what update is he running? Like how do I know the date of the software update I'm running?

I know we can change the region. In this case, is India Sri Lanka and Nepal my only options when it comes to flashing stock rom via odin?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh thank you so much. Though I am not rooted. I'm here because this section has people like you with information :) I got a new s7 and I wanted to flash the stock firmware through odin. It doesn't void any warranty as far as I have tested with my previous phones.

I was just wondering why it still has the February security patch. I went and see an expert and he said the security patch is something external to the regular phone update. He says my phone is already running the latest update but the security patch is of February and haven't been updated by Samsung.

So I guess this meeeeannsss..? Help me out here. What does this mean?

1. You have not posted your Product Code

2. Your warranty for repairs will be void if you flash any firmware other than the one that matches your Product Code.

3. Security patches can be issued separately or as part of a firmware update. These are both pushed out by Samsung.

4. Do you want to flash a Global, G900F, firmware and lose dual sim, OTA updates and warranty?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
1. You have not posted your Product Code

2. Your warranty for repairs will be void if you flash any firmware other than the one that matches your Product Code.

3. Security patches can be issued separately or as part of a firmware update. These are both pushed out by Samsung.

4. Do you want to flash a Global, G900F, firmware and lose dual sim, OTA updates and warranty?

I just did. I uploaded two images above.

And I want to change the region to where I will get the latest update.

Like when I had the S6 edge the firmware was of an Australian carrier and the model was G925i. This carrier didn't get marshmallow until recently. So what I did was I downloaded the marshmallow firmware of Indian region. And started getting OTA updates with India.

I want to do the same with this one. As I think this doesn't run the latest update because of the region restriction. I want to change the region.

I've read on XDA forums that flashing the G930F rom on G930FD doesn't hurt the dual sim function. And it works just as normal.

The expert guy said that it matters what model it says in the recovery mode. So when I push down volume power and home button and go to that mode it says G930f there.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
According to your screenshot, above, your Product code, SM-G930FZSUDKR is NOT for the dual sim model, G930FD, but for the single sim Global model, G930F, for Senegal, Africa???

Last edited:

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
According to your screenshot, above, your Product code, SM-G930FZSUDKR is NOT for the dual sim model, G900FD, but for the single sim Global model, G930F, for Senegal, Africa???

I live in Pakistan. I bought this from Pakistan. See there is PAK written as well? I bought this phone from the people who import these phones from various regions of the world. So maybe this one has come from Africa I don't know :p

But it IS dual sim. And it IS running two sims. I don't know why and how the product code is of the single sim model.

Although I do think that that's why I meant when I said that the core model 930F is what matters.

I don't really understand this that's why I'm confused.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Forget everything.

Can you just tell me if there's any way I can find out which version of 6.0.1 this phone is running? Is there a way to know?

Edit: think I found it. It's the build date right? It shows 6th February on my phone. And the firmware link you sent has links with build dates of April. So I can flash one of those via odin? And everything will be fine?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I can find no stock Samsung firmware for Product Code DKR, Senegal, Africa, in the samsung files. The fact that your original CSC Code is also not showing, leads me to believe that either...

1. Your phone is rooted and running a custom ROM

2. It has had a, "cloneware", (modified firmware), flashed to it.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So it was only one way to find out.

I downloaded a 930F firmware and flashed my phone with odin.

I didn't lose dual sim functionality.
I didn't void any warranty.
My phone works perfectly.
I am on the latest firmware released just a few days ago.
With the May security patch.
And May build date.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz