s it possible to remove Verizon ROM (SM-G935V)?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's possible, but no guarantee that it'll work properly, especially if you are taking the ROM from a different model (yes, carrier versions are different models and often times, especially Verizon's, have different hardware that makes other ROMs not work properly). You might be missing hardware-specific drivers or carrier-specific files that would render some or all of the phone's functions unusable.

paulinhabp

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
It's possible, but no guarantee that it'll work properly, especially if you are taking the ROM from a different model (yes, carrier versions are different models and often times, especially Verizon's, have different hardware that makes other ROMs not work properly). You might be missing hardware-specific drivers or carrier-specific files that would render some or all of the phone's functions unusable.

Thanks for the answer. I live in Brazil and some functions are inside Verizon apps, wich didn't work here, with my local sim card.

If I try to do this change, can I go back if it didn't work well or the phone will be lost forever?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which functions are you trying to use? The only services that shouldn't work are Verizon-related ones, but everything else should be the same.

As for 'going back' once the ROM has been flashed, in theory, is possible. It has the same risks as rooting and flashing any ROM, so things that could go wrong are possible. I believe you can make an exact image of your phone as it is right now (nandroid backup) should you want to go back or something goes wrong with the ROM you used, but there's always that chance that something irreversible happens, especially when hardware drivers are involved.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Is it possible to remove Verizon ROM (SM-G935V) and install another one (SM-G935F) on my Galaxy S7 Edge???

Thanks!

Not possible I am afraid. The Verizon G935V CDMA model has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core chipset and the Global GSM model, G935F, has the Exynos 8890 octa core chipset. The Verizon model, as with all the U.S. carrier branded models of S7 & S7 Edge, is unrootable. See, U.S. carrier S7 models have locked bootloaders and no rooting

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ironass (can't even write that with a straight face....haha)! Paulinha, see? Like I said, if the ROM you're trying to use is from a different hardware model, would cause the ROM to fail since it will be looking for things that aren't there.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If there are any particular features you'd like to use that aren't working because of the Verizon lock, just let us know and we might be able to suggest a replacement app :)

paulinhabp

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Não é possível instalar outra rom. Pois os aparelhos são estruturalmente diferentes.

Temos que continuar com a RAM atual. E fazer atualizações manuais, por exemplo.

Abs!

Unfortunately It is not possible to install another rom. Devices are structurally different.

So we do have to continue with it the current RAM. And make manual updates, for instance.

Abs!

micallan_17

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi am not sure if you were able to do what you needed but this link shows you hows to download the sm g930u firmware and also be able to flash it to an sm g930v. This will essentially debloat/debrand your sm g930v and convert it to an sm g930u model

Last edited:

micallan_17

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I did this to an sm g939vl (Verizon variant of s7 for tracfone) and now have an unbranded/debloated sm g930u s7, the thing is that the US models are all the same and the only difference is on the software. The US models are interflashable. Do note that if you have the august security update on the verizon firmware, you won't be able to flash the sm g30u firmware since verizon updated the bootloader version to 3. The unlocked us s7 is still on version 2 bootloader. Once the sm g930u bootloader is on version 3 you will be able to flash again the sm g930v with the sm g930u firmware.

Last edited:

Kleptoss

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Is it possible to remove Verizon ROM (SM-G935V) and install another one (SM-G935F) on my Galaxy S7 Edge???

Thanks!

Look I have thever g935v model and my phone is full rooted and am using a whole new Rom without any issues I actually at one point bricked my friend in reboot loop and was able to unbrick and re flash the stock rom back on the rest root again... so yes it is all possible if you have more questions I'd be happy to tell you more or help you through what0ever it is you wish to do email me xxmckenzie14xx@gmail.com

juliorangel

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
O seu é o G930V? Aí vc deu flash com essa rom e funcionou de boa? To querendo colocar uma rom pra conseguir usar o samsung pay, e outros aplicativos que não funcionam na ROM original.

Is your phone a G930V? Did everything go alright when you flashed this ROM? I'd like to flash a different ROM, because the Verizon stock ROM won't allow us to use Samsung Pay, and some other apps outside the U.S., which really sucks.

hd568

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Simestou com a Rom G930U em um original G930VL.

A unica coisa é que o LTE 4g não está funcionando. Vc tem alguma ideia? No seu o 4g funciona normalmente? Qual eh sua operadora?