Hello, all!

I have a Galaxy S7, Sprint version, running Android 8 and the latest patches. I have noticed in the last week or so my phone is slow to wake. I usually press the Home button, the phone wakes up, I swipe up, enter my code, and move on. Easy peasy. However, lately there has been a significant delay between pressing the button and having the phone wake up. I've been uninstalling the last few softwares installed, and it hasn't helped. I haven't found a setting to adjust the wakeup, nor have I touched the settings in recent times. Any help would be appreciated.

sh
    05-12-2020 06:07 PM
    Firstly, clear the cache partition and reboot.
    05-12-2020 07:00 PM
    If that doesn't help next go in safe mode
    05-12-2020 07:13 PM
    I tried the safemode tip, which did give me better performance. (Clearing the cache partition, not a newbie but didn't know there was a separate partition or how to clear it.) So I rebooted, the performance was gone again, mind you just in waking up, so I uninstalled some recently updated apps, some of which I had installed a while ago and don't use a lot, and the performance is back. Thanks for the tips, and as for clearing the cache partition, where is that found?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-14-2020 08:22 PM
    I tried the safemode tip, which did give me better performance. (Clearing the cache partition, not a newbie but didn't know there was a separate partition or how to clear it.) So I rebooted, the performance was gone again, mind you just in waking up, so I uninstalled some recently updated apps, some of which I had installed a while ago and don't use a lot, and the performance is back. Thanks for the tips, and as for clearing the cache partition, where is that found?
    For the S7, starting with the phone off:
    Hold down the volume up, home button and power button until the phone awakes and release.
    This will give what looks like a dos menu. Scroll down to the Clear cache partition option and select yes.
    Then, restart.
    Good luck
    05-14-2020 08:27 PM
    So all is good now ?
    05-14-2020 09:26 PM