Do-not-disturb exceptions preventing me from recording video.

Iffe

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (flat) with Android version 8.0.0.

Whenever I try to record a video using the standard camera app, I hear this "ding" sound and the Do-not-disturb exceptions list with various apps and on/off-sliders next to them pop up, along with a volume-slider for notifications. No video recording is started at all. I close down the exceptions-list and try to hit record again but it just pops right back up.

I have tried rebooting the phone several times. I have tried clearing both cache and data of the camera app, followed by more rebooting of the phone. The problem persists.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried to use the camera in safe mode? Try this and see if you still have the problem. It will rule out the odd behaviour of a rogue third party app.

Iffe

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
Have you tried to use the camera in safe mode? Try this and see if you still have the problem. It will rule out the odd behaviour of a rogue third party app.

I did as you suggested and it worked fine. So this got me thinking about possible third party apps that could be responsible. The only app I could think of that ever made that exceptions-menu pop up for any reason was the "Volume Lock" app that I use to keep the phone from going silent or max volume while I use earbuds with the phone in my pocket. The app was completely shut down but when I opened Volume Lock, the "lock" setting was turned on and apparently my phone never forgets this even though the app wasn't running and I have rebooted the phone several times since the last time I used that app. So I turned that setting off and now recording video works normally again.

Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech