How to factory data reset Galaxy S7 without Google account password?

Tedw12069

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
I purchased an s7 from someone off the internet. She forgot to reset the phone. All of her information is still on the phone & I cant reset it without her password. I contacted her & she claims to not remember the password. Can anyone tell me how to get her info off the phone?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the Android Central Ask A Question forum!

Without her password to wipe the data, you can do nothing with the phone. That security is there for a purpose, mainly, to reduce the possibility of a thief being able to use a stolen device. Might ask her to refund the money and send the phone back to her. If she can't remember the password to an account she uses to sign in her own phone, I'd wonder if she didn't sell you a stolen device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Tedw12069

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
I've been using the phone for about 2 months but I don't want to put any of my personal information on it as long as she may have access to the phone. Not to mention how annoying it is to constantly be getting notifications that aren't mine. I had to set the phone on vibrate because it was driving me crazy. I was able to contact her a couple of times after I purchased the phone but now she will not respond at all.
There has to be a way around the password requirement.
Also the phone isn't stolen because US Cellular would not have activated it for me if it was.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been using the phone for about 2 months but I don't want to put any of my personal information on it as long as she may have access to the phone. Not to mention how annoying it is to constantly be getting notifications that aren't mine. I had to set the phone on vibrate because it was driving me crazy. I was able to contact her a couple of times after I purchased the phone but now she will not respond at all.
There has to be a way around the password requirement.
Also the phone isn't stolen because US Cellular would not have activated it for me if it was.
You won't ever be able to get her stuff off the phone until she remembers the password/username , my suggestion call her and return it back and get your money.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Cell phones are the most stolen item in the US, probably the world. The vast majority of cell phone users have sensitive information on their phones they wouldn't want stolen. For these reasons Google made Android a very secure OS and locked it down with factory reset Protection 5 plus years ago. Once an account us logged onto a device the device is locked to that account until the owner removes it.

I worked for Verizon, we couldn't take returns or accept trade ins unless they had the Google account removed because if they were tied to the account they were worthless. Think about that, a corporation like Verizon can't even reset a phone.