Where is setting to turn off "Allow access to your data"?

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
When I connect via USB to my computer, my S7 won't automatically connect any longer. Instead, it puts up a screen that says "Allow access to your data. The connected device will be able to access files on this phone (MTP connection). Other USB options. Deny Allow." (see photo)

i am forced to tap "Allow" every single time I want to access the phone via my computer. How do I change this so that I don't have to tap "Allow"?

In "Other USB options" it is set to "File Transfer" but this doesn't help.

The problem started recently; never happened until recently.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Allow USB access.jpg
    Allow USB access.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The default might just be Charge Only, and you have to approve of the MTP connection each time.

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
The default might just be Charge Only, and you have to approve of the MTP connection each time.

Where would I find that default setting? And is there a way to change it from USB to MTP to avoid the hassle of having to "allow" the connection each time? I apologize in advance for what are probably dumb questions. I'm attaching a jpg of the menu that appears when selecting "Other USB Options". I don't see anything helpful there for the situation in question, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks very much for any clarification.USB on Android.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Should be option when the screen pops up saying you allow , small circle click on to never see this message again .

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Should be option when the screen pops up saying you allow , small circle click on to never see this message again .

I wish it were so, but that option does not appear. If you look at the first jpg I posted, the only options are Deny, Allow and Other USB options (the USB options are shown in the second jpg).

I was hoping there might be a way to fix this in Settings but don't see anything there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wish it were so, but that option does not appear. If you look at the first jpg I posted, the only options are Deny, Allow and Other USB options (the USB options are shown in the second jpg).

I was hoping there might be a way to fix this in Settings but don't see anything there.
Strange , try going settings >apps>3 dots upper right corner tap >go system apps then find usb and clear its data ,cache,force stop it

LaurieDutch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Strange , try going settings >apps>3 dots upper right corner tap >go system apps then find usb and clear its data ,cache,force stop it

It's fixed! I went to the system apps, found USB and used Force Stop. Didn't see a way to clear the cache, but the good news is that when I connected the phone via USB to the PC, it made the connection straightaway. Thanks!2nd screen.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, the problem started up again and the steps above only fix it for one USB session. Have you heard about any other ways to fix this problem? Thanks.
You can try reset app preferences in settings , if that doesn't do it , might have to try factory reset.

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
Could I root and disable the USB Settings app to avoid this prompt from appearing. I too am looking for a permanent solution here. Can't believe in 2023 you have to be prompted with this crap every time you plug your phone into your vehicle on a brand new device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Could I root and disable the USB Settings app to avoid this prompt from appearing. I too am looking for a permanent solution here. Can't believe in 2023 you have to be prompted with this crap every time you plug your phone into your vehicle on a brand new device.
You have a Samsung S7?

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci