Hello ! I have just updated my old Galaxy S7 (which still works perfectly) whis the new release of september or october (I'm not sure).

The result is when I use the camera :
    - no more possibilituy of registering a raw picture, it has disappeared
    - the dual camera mode does not exist anymore

I have call Samsung support (in France) : they told me that they can't help it ! It's no longer in the soft. They don't know if there will be a new release. They just feel sorry about it.

The also told me it's not possible to get back to a former version of the soft.

I feel really upset : I had bought this telephone because it could take pictures in raw mode.

It sounds like programmed obsolescence..

How can I get rid of this problem ?

Can someone help me ?

Best regards,
    11-24-2020 07:54 AM
    There are a lot of other camera apps - start trying them. (Raw has been in quite a few of them for a long time.)
    11-25-2020 02:49 PM
    Which OS update did you get? My S7 hasn't had anything but security updates for over 2 years and can still shoot RAW, to my knowledge it never had dual camera.

It may be a difference due to region as I'm in the United States.
    11-25-2020 03:56 PM
    Hello,

thank you for the response. What program would you recommend for taking raw photos?

I tested Lighroom, it seems to me to be quite heavy, quite a consumer of resources and with poor functionalities ...

Anyway, this looks like planned obsolescence to me.

Regards
    11-26-2020 04:17 AM
    [Answer to L0n3N1nja]

Lucky you !
    It's the French program for Samsung S7. They call it a "global update" without any explanation about what's inside. If you don't update they keep asking you to do it, and one day, you discover that some important built-in features have just disappeared...

For me it sounds like planned obsolescence, which is not legal, but what can I do ? Sue Samsung ???
    11-26-2020 04:27 AM
    [Answer to L0n3N1nja]

There is a special fonction that you can download through the option menu of the camera. It's called "dual camera" and takes at the same time 2 pictures, with the front and the rear camera
    11-26-2020 04:33 AM
    I have just updated my S7 with the september security update, and in the camera I still have the possibility to get photo in raw and in jpeg. I am in France.
    12-06-2020 04:19 AM