Hi All, the trusty S7 was a bit slow with tonnes of apps and download data - so I wiped the phone data via the Android system recovery menu (Home, Up and Power - followed by Wipe data/factory reset).

Phone was wiped and then rebooted successfully ("Welcome to Android" - Selected English as my language, followed by joining my Wifi network). After joining the Wifi the screen froze. I then tried a soft reset with the Volume Down+Power key - however the phone just went off and did not restart.

At the time the phone was a bit warm (Guessing due to the charge + wipining activity). Battery power was 100% when the phone started after the wipe and was in setup mode. I have left the phone to charge all night, but cannot power it on by either Power only, Volume down+power or Volume Up+Home+Power.

I really need to get the phone back up and running (If i can turn it on). ANY ADVICE or PC troubleshooting steps would be much appreciated!
    01-09-2021 10:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and then press Power for about 20 seconds -- does anything happen then?
    01-09-2021 11:30 PM
    Nothing. The screen just stays off so I have no idea. ALso the phone was working fine before the wipe. It also started after the wipe in the setup mode when it froze on joining Wifi.
    01-10-2021 12:13 AM
    It may be that the slowdown prior to the reset was a warning sign of impending hardware failure. You might have to bring it to a repair shop, if you still want to salvage the phone -- but the cost might not be worth the value of the phone.

Sometimes it helps to press and hold Power even longer, for like 60 seconds -- give that a try.

I'll see if @mustang7757 has any other thoughts, since he's one of our resident Samsung wizards.
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    01-10-2021 12:48 AM
    Go back in recovery and factory reset once more
    01-10-2021 01:07 AM
    Thanks @B. Diddy. No luck @ 60 seconds!

Thanks @mustang7757 ... Under no circumstances does it allow me to power on. I am sure the wipe was successful as the phone restarted and was going through the setup (Language, Wifi setup, where it stopped ; im guessing followed by the Google account input).

Are there anyways to boot the phone from the PC. My phone is not rooted! Please help. Thanks again.
    01-10-2021 03:22 AM
    Thanks @B. Diddy. No luck @ 60 seconds!

Thanks @mustang7757 ... Under no circumstances does it allow me to power on. I am sure the wipe was successful as the phone restarted and was going through the setup (Language, Wifi setup, where it stopped ; im guessing followed by the Google account input).

Are there anyways to boot the phone from the PC. My phone is not rooted! Please help. Thanks again.
    Oh , doesn't start , let it charge connected to computer for few hours see what happens. If still nothing most likely battery went .
    01-10-2021 09:15 AM