Any way to merge local and Google contacts on a Samsung S7?

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My father replaced his old phone with a new one, but after I finished backing up and restoring all his data he noticed that many of his contacts were missing, or were there but had missing information.

Looking at his old Samsung S7 I noticed that for some reason many of the contacts have partial or all of their information stored locally on the phone and not on the Google account.

Is there any way to merge all this information into his Google account so I can then just sync it over?

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw that when I Googled about it, but the phone does not have a separate contacts app, contacts are managed through the dialer. And when I try to go to settings I only get settings about managing my calls, not my contacts, even when I am on the contacts screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I saw that when I Googled about it, but the phone does not have a separate contacts app, contacts are managed through the dialer. And when I try to go to settings I only get settings about managing my calls, not my contacts, even when I am on the contacts screen.
Strange , Samsung had a orange color contact app separate from green phone dialer app for the longest even to this day .