Cannot completely remove Google account from my phone

stevekay83

Jun 23, 2022
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (not Edge), running Android v. 8.0.0, and for some reason, I am still seeing my mom's gmail account as the default every time I need to verify my google account on the Verify It's You Google pop-up page (some time ago she asked me to log in as her to check her email when she didn't have her phone with her). I have gone into Settings/Cloud and Accounts/Accounts/ and deleted the account there. I've also gone to Settings/Google and confirmed that only my account is displayed there. But when I need to verify my Google account for anything, and the Verify It's You screen pops up, my mom's email is the default. If I try to switch the account to my account, I get an error message after trying to log in. I'm not sure what else to do to get rid of my mom's account on my phone. Any help is much appreciated!

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I've found the Google services odd in similar ways. For example, sometimes ridiculously hard to get a change to a recovery phone number to stick, and SMS or pop up identity or codes still going to the old number for quite a while afterwards. At one point somewhere, I read that it would eventually stop/stick after something like a two week period. I have no idea if that is related to your situation, but if so it could be that way by design, so it is not easy for someone to fake over your account.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Make sure when you go to settings>account>manage account it's not there and back up account is your Gmail account

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If all else fails, you can always consider a factory reset, and then restoring your most recent backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome