Samsung Galaxy S7 Release Date

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why we get 'excited' about rumored dates anymore. 7 iterations later, it's pretty safe to assume that it'll come out one year after the previous one, give or take a few weeks. February (unless late February) would seem a bit early for an S7 though, and a weird choice since it misses any holiday shopping season or Spring releases.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why we get 'excited' about rumored dates anymore. 7 iterations later, it's pretty safe to assume that it'll come out one year after the previous one, give or take a few weeks. February (unless late February) would seem a bit early for an S7 though, and a weird choice since it misses any holiday shopping season or Spring releases.

It seems more in line with the expedited release of the GN5.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Note was pushed back a month, not two (S6 was released in April). Also it was done to avoid the overlap it had last year with the new iPhones (most likely). But in February, there's nothing that critical coming out. Is there?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Note was pushed back a month, not two (S6 was released in April). Also it was done to avoid the overlap it had last year with the new iPhones (most likely). But in February, there's nothing that critical coming out. Is there?

Nope. Not gonna complain about an early release date.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's good for having a new phone, but sucks for S6 users! haha First they get 'hit' with an S6+ less than 6 months after it's released, and then they get a new model less than 10 months in? They'll feel even worse than S5 owners having to wait a year for something good!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's good for having a new phone, but sucks for S6 users! haha First they get 'hit' with an S6+ less than 6 months after it's released, and then they get a new model less than 10 months in? They'll feel even worse than S5 owners having to wait a year for something good!

RIM did the same thing years ago. Had a device less than 8 months before upgrading. Having been with AT&T over 20 years, get early upgrades so when the GS7 is released, will have three lines eligible for upgrade.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I cant see them doing it right after Christmas. The springtime seemed to make more sense, but then ive given up on cell phone makers to make sense!!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung has developed a pattern by now, releasing their newest Galaxy phone at a certain European trade show in the spring... Why do you think this would change?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have been working as a Samsung promoter in the UK, primarily for the S6 family of phones. I was told today that I will be receiving training for a 'new Samsung product' at the end of February. I wonder what it could be? ;)