06-23-2016 11:40 PM
631 1234 ...
tools
    I just got off the phone with Verizon. There telling me I can't not get the gear s2. I have the unlimited plan and when they try to add the smart watch it won't let them.
    02-23-2016 08:46 PM
    I just chatted with a Verizon rep and they confirmed that my order for the S7 Edge under a 2 year service agreement is definitely eligible for the gear S2 promotion. I have the transcript available if anyone would like to see.
    02-23-2016 09:32 PM
    I called verizon and they confirmed i would only be eligible for the vr and the gear s2 by doing the monthly payments of the phone. They also said I would not lose my unlimited data if I paid monthly or paid full retail but to get the order bonus I would have to pay monthly. The watch has good value but I rather just pay in full so I passed. Went with Bestbuy instead
    02-23-2016 10:38 PM
    I am a bit confused about the gear s2. Do we get the 3G version or the bluetooth-only version? I couldn't find that info anywhere. Is there a good place that describes what you can do with the watch with 3G vs bluetooth only?

I don't really want to pay any more per month for this watch for a data plan.

I am hoping after I try the S7 in the store I will like it enough to pre-order. I had the original Galaxy S, then went to Moto X. Getting tired of it.
    02-23-2016 10:39 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon. There telling me I can't not get the gear s2. I have the unlimited plan and when they try to add the smart watch it won't let them.
    It doesn't matter what you were told, it's all over the site under terms and conditions. Samsung is the one who fulfills it anyway. Verizon has nothing to do with the watch.
    02-23-2016 10:58 PM
    I am a bit confused about the gear s2. Do we get the 3G version or the bluetooth-only version? I couldn't find that info anywhere. Is there a good place that describes what you can do with the watch with 3G vs bluetooth only?
    I'll answer my own question. I believe it is the non-3G watch. The T&C fine print for the Gear VR offer from samsung's site says the gear S2 gift is a $300 value. On samsung's store, they sell the regular non-3G bluetooth/wifi watch for $299.99. If you look at the price on vzw site for the 3G watch, it is retail $349 ($299 on contract). I downloaded the manual for it and got a basic idea what you can do with it. No mention of cellular service. Also the terms says the color of the watch you get is up to the sponsor, whatever that means.
    02-23-2016 11:13 PM
    It doesn't matter what you were told, it's all over the site under terms and conditions. Samsung is the one who fulfills it anyway. Verizon has nothing to do with the watch.
    Verizon rep told me 3g and was saying it can't be added to my current unlimited plan, as adding it would remove unlimited data.
    02-23-2016 11:21 PM
    I would trust the terms over what a Verizon rep told you. I have been given mis information many times by Verizon reps, even stuff that directly contradicts Verizon's consumer agreement.
    flintlock likes this.
    02-24-2016 11:42 AM
    Anyone get "UPGRADE" for $100 off to work for them? I know I saw it was working for people yesterday on the device payment plan, but it isn't now
    02-24-2016 12:27 PM
    I saw that someone posted that you have to order online. My options are to upgrade or add a line. I don't want to do either (and although I don't want to do the payment plan, I'll do it for a Gear S2). For those that had the same options, how did you bypass this?
    02-24-2016 12:36 PM
    When you go to the Samsung site, it doesn't show the watch as an option, it only shows the VR.

How do you get it to show the watch?

Thanks,
    02-24-2016 01:49 PM
    Ya I was confused too. I upgraded a 6GB line with a 2year. I confirmed via a chat that I would in fact be eligible for the offer. Like others have stated Samsung appears to fulfill the bonus so I don't think they really care which method you got the phone. I at least have the chat log saved to fight it if they deny me. I want atleast the GearVR but if I dont get the watch I'll be really pissed that I didn't just go through bestbuy and get my stuff instantly. Though its not too late to cancel the verizon order and go through best buy. I just figured the watch is worth so much more as I can get a Gear VR on ebay etc for under probably $60-80.
    02-24-2016 02:52 PM
    When you go to the Samsung site, it doesn't show the watch as an option, it only shows the VR.

How do you get it to show the watch?

Thanks,
    I am in the same boat the link that Verizon gives does not work for me and I want to make sure it is correct before I do order it.
    02-24-2016 06:07 PM
    I am in the same boat the link that Verizon gives does not work for me and I want to make sure it is correct before I do order it.
    https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr/en-US/Rules
    Read the paragraph 4: Participants who purchase on VZW.com will be able to select one (1) of the
    following two (2) gifts: either (i) a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and a 6-game Oculus
    content bundle (est. $50 value); or (ii) a Samsung Gear S2 (est. $300 value, color selected in
    Sponsor’s sole discretion).
    yxcolo likes this.
    02-24-2016 09:20 PM
    Verizon rep told me 3g and was saying it can't be added to my current unlimited plan, as adding it would remove unlimited data.
    I am a Verizon rep and what they told you was wrong. Full retail and DP will allow you to keep Unlimited data.

The watch is not the cellular version.
    02-24-2016 10:55 PM
    I was told the exact same thing
    02-24-2016 10:58 PM
    I have noticed several different preorder promotions and all seem to offer the VR bundle. AT&T is also offering a Samsung Tab 4 8.0 plus when you sign a 2 year contract. Sam's Club is offering a $100 gift card. These extras, like Verizon's Gear S2 option instead of the VR bundle, are tied to signing 2 year contracts. Best Buy is offering a 64GB Samsung microSD card and I don't think it is tied to a contract.
    02-25-2016 07:44 AM
    The verizon deal is not tied to a contract.
    02-25-2016 10:44 AM
    Also there are only 300,000 "GIFTS' according to Samsung. So those on the west coast need to get their request in once it is open on the east coast. With only 300K requesrs being fullfiled on a first come basis, the East acoast could easily get them all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-25-2016 12:30 PM
    Ok so I called verizon yesterday and ordered a new S7. I asked about the watch and the rep said it was a mistake and was not supposed to be free however as long as it's still posted on the site they will honor it. The best part is he is sending me an S2 watch arriving tomorrow. On my receipt it says $299.99 then has a discount of $299.99. It's the 3g version. Not sure what the deal is due to the fact that it's still posted online.
    02-25-2016 01:51 PM
    I started a chat session with verizon and the response I got was that it was the 3g version of the watch. I did not fully trust this response so then went to Samsung's customer support website and asked the same question in a chat session. I was given the same response, that this WAS the 3g version of the watch. That's the answer I wanted to hear, but who knows. I also emailed the question to the support link on Samsung's promotion website. I guess if I get the 3g response from them too, I'll believe it coming from 3 different places.
    02-25-2016 01:56 PM
    I just spent an hour on the phone with a rep and he stated that the offer online is for the 3G version so it is forced to come with a service plan of $5 a month? Anyone go through with the order yet online to find out?
    02-25-2016 03:04 PM
    I called verizon and they confirmed i would only be eligible for the vr and the gear s2 by doing the monthly payments of the phone. They also said I would not lose my unlimited data if I paid monthly or paid full retail but to get the order bonus I would have to pay monthly. The watch has good value but I rather just pay in full so I passed. Went with Bestbuy instead
    Did you know that paying full retail and paying monthly is the exact same amount? Also, you can select monthly option and then immediately pay off the phone completely if you wanted to.

The only difference is that monthly payment option is unavailable to you if you have bad credit with Verizon which most people don't. It also adds slightly to your revolving debt which affects your credit score slightly depending on how much revolving debt you have. For most people this will not affect their credit, and in turn if you make the payments on time, it will help your credit.

There is no downside to pay using device payment and you technically save money this way.
    flintlock and stevenkisor1 like this.
    02-25-2016 03:18 PM
    So, I thought I had this figured out until you guys all confused me!!! I had found the fine print on Samsung's website which said the watch was a $300 value. Since that's from Samsung's site, I assumed it was based on Samsung's pricing which would mean the watch is the Bluetooth Only, Non-3G version. But now some of y'all are reporting that it IS the 3G version. One thing I've learned is that no matter what anyone says, what's in writing is what ultimately is fact. (Even transcripts of conversations with sales reps don't ultimately hold any weight.) So, based on Samsung's site listing it as a $300 value (and since they are the one's sending it out - not Verizon), I'm gonna bet it's the NON-3G Bluetooth watch and a lot of people are going to be disappointed because that isn't made very clear!

As for differences between the two, I did some research 2 days ago and the main thing is obviously that the 3G version gets its own phone number and gets data directly and also it has a speaker (and a pretty decent one too) whereas the bluetooth version does not have a speaker.
    02-25-2016 05:27 PM
    So has anyone gone through a purchase on Verizon site and confirmed that? I was told by two reps now that it will be the 3G version and I will be forced to open a line at $5 a month.
    02-25-2016 05:45 PM
631 1234 ...