06-23-2016 11:40 PM
631 12345 ...
tools
    I called verizon and they confirmed i would only be eligible for the vr and the gear s2 by doing the monthly payments of the phone. They also said I would not lose my unlimited data if I paid monthly or paid full retail but to get the order bonus I would have to pay monthly. The watch has good value but I rather just pay in full so I passed. Went with Bestbuy instead
    I imagine you could pay it off a month or two later if you want to get it out of the way.
    02-25-2016 05:54 PM
    Just for kicks I just did a chat session with Verizon rep. He seemed knowledgeable (answered questions right away rather than taking time to "look them up"). He said definitively the free watch is the Gear S2. Again, remember this is being provided by Samsung and not Verizon, which is why you have to go to the Samsung website to claim your free watch. Obviously Samsung saw value in getting Verizon customers and Verizon and Samsung came up with this additional promotion for Verizon direct orders only.

(On a side note, if you want Gold or Black you can buy from Target and get a $100 gift card + the VR Headset - ultimately that's like getting a free $100 and still getting the VR Headset. I would do that except that I want silver and Target only has black and gold...)
    02-25-2016 05:58 PM
    Ok so I called verizon yesterday and ordered a new S7. I asked about the watch and the rep said it was a mistake and was not supposed to be free however as long as it's still posted on the site they will honor it. The best part is he is sending me an S2 watch arriving tomorrow. On my receipt it says $299.99 then has a discount of $299.99. It's the 3g version. Not sure what the deal is due to the fact that it's still posted online.
    The deal isn't a mistake. And the gear watch isn't from Verizon or included on the invoice. It's an offer that requires an unreleased form to be completed and submitted like a rebate offer. If anything the rep you spoke to made a mistake. I'd love to see this receipt tho and have a hard time believing the rep was that dumb.
    02-25-2016 06:16 PM
    Just for kicks I just did a chat session with Verizon rep. He seemed knowledgeable (answered questions right away rather than taking time to "look them up"). He said definitively the free watch is the Gear S2. Again, remember this is being provided by Samsung and not Verizon, which is why you have to go to the Samsung website to claim your free watch. Obviously Samsung saw value in getting Verizon customers and Verizon and Samsung came up with this additional promotion for Verizon direct orders only.

(On a side note, if you want Gold or Black you can buy from Target and get a $100 gift card + the VR Headset - ultimately that's like getting a free $100 and still getting the VR Headset. I would do that except that I want silver and Target only has black and gold...)
    So they are only offering the silver?
    02-25-2016 06:40 PM
    Ok so I called verizon yesterday and ordered a new S7. I asked about the watch and the rep said it was a mistake and was not supposed to be free however as long as it's still posted on the site they will honor it. The best part is he is sending me an S2 watch arriving tomorrow. On my receipt it says $299.99 then has a discount of $299.99. It's the 3g version. Not sure what the deal is due to the fact that it's still posted online.
    This is a lie, at least the rep lied. We have already been made aware at our story that it is indeed free online. Also, Samsung makes mention of it only their site as well. It's still all over Verizon's site, if it wasn't true, Wouldn't they take it down by now?
    02-25-2016 06:55 PM
    From Verizon's website:

Galaxy S7 and S7 edge requires a new device payment activation. *Gear VR MSRP is $100, 6-game bundle is estimated at $50 value, Gear S2 MSRP is $349.99. Free Gear VR or S2 takes 4-6 wks to deliver. Visit SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer to redeem the free offer.
    02-25-2016 07:03 PM
    This is incorrect, unless somehow you did a loophole alternate upgrade and have a 2 year agreement still running down on your line. If you are OUT of contract and as of Nov 15th we updated unlimted data plan to $49.99 as long as you are in good standing you can do device payments. I have unlimited data and plan on doing device payments on G5 or GS7 edge depending on HTC M10 time frame on launch. So are you somehow in a 2 year personal or business agreement on the line with unlimited data, as that is possible through loophole alternate upgrades.
    02-25-2016 08:08 PM
    On my receipt for the free s2 there is a discount code. its SAMGEARS2BLACK it took the full cost off. Not sure what the deal is with the rep but I will have my watch tomorrow.
    02-25-2016 08:50 PM
    On my receipt for the free s2 there is a discount code. its SAMGEARS2BLACK it took the full cost off. Not sure what the deal is with the rep but I will have my watch tomorrow.
    So you purchased online and on the receipt it had the code? Where did you redeem it, Samsung's site?
    02-25-2016 09:50 PM
    Does the 3g version have Bluetooth and can be used with your phone in the way the non-3g version can be used? If so, I wouldn't care about getting the 3g watch, I just wouldn't activate it on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-25-2016 10:18 PM
    So if I were to get this off-contract, without any plan ($800), I wouldn't be eligible for the Gear S2? Or did I mistakenly interpret this?
    02-25-2016 10:27 PM
    Meanwhile the SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer clearly states an MSRP of $299.99. Looks like they can't even get on the same page.
    02-26-2016 12:39 AM
    I am a bit confused about the gear s2. Do we get the 3G version or the bluetooth-only version? I couldn't find that info anywhere. Is there a good place that describes what you can do with the watch with 3G vs bluetooth only?

I don't really want to pay any more per month for this watch for a data plan.

I am hoping after I try the S7 in the store I will like it enough to pre-order. I had the original Galaxy S, then went to Moto X. Getting tired of it.
    In the terms it values at $299 so I assume it is the s2 and not the s2 3g. Verizon on the accessories page lists the s2 as the "s2 bluetooth"; however, Samsung uses s2 and s2 3g. It looks like the deal is through samsung so I am thinking it is the non connected s2.
    02-26-2016 05:29 AM
    In the terms it values at $299 so I assume it is the s2 and not the s2 3g. Verizon on the accessories page lists the s2 as the "s2 bluetooth"; however, Samsung uses s2 and s2 3g. It looks like the deal is through samsung so I am thinking it is the non connected s2.
    Update: vzw lists the value at $350 on their site now.
    02-26-2016 05:46 AM
    The MSRP value is subject to change as it is at the discretion of the manufacturer.

This has nothing to do with declared value for tax purposes. Please just ignore the MSRP number as it is not applicable to us as consumers.
    02-26-2016 08:57 AM
    Spoke to three CS agents and looked again on the Verizon website and could only find an offer for the headset thingy. Where are people getting this free Gear watch thing???

Btw what does "dpp" stand for? I see this acronym being used in several posts.
    02-26-2016 11:20 AM
    Spoke to three CS agents and looked again on the Verizon website and could only find an offer for the headset thingy. Where are people getting this free Gear watch thing???

Device payment plan
    02-26-2016 11:21 AM
    Device payment plan
    Of course. Thank you
    02-26-2016 11:22 AM

You can get free S2 from AT&T as well. Search Gear S2 and you'll see notation that (free if you order new phone). Let me go look again.

Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge-capture.jpg
    02-26-2016 11:22 AM
    You can get free S2 from AT&T as well. Search Gear S2 and you'll see notation that (free if you order new phone). Let me go look again.
    If you could post a link that would allow me to get the watch with a Verizon purchase I'd be most appreciative.
    02-26-2016 11:26 AM
    02-26-2016 11:27 AM
    It is right on the front page on the desktop site

Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge-uploadfromtaptalk1456504493607.jpg
    02-26-2016 11:34 AM
    On the s7 page view

Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge-uploadfromtaptalk1456504738998.jpg
    02-26-2016 11:39 AM
    Smartphone page view too

Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge-uploadfromtaptalk1456504800693.jpg
    02-26-2016 11:40 AM
    If you could post a link that would allow me to get the watch with a Verizon purchase I'd be most appreciative.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=uXD4_E0m

You might have to use the desktop site.
    02-26-2016 11:41 AM
631 12345 ...