Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed several different preorder promotions and all seem to offer the VR bundle. AT&T is also offering a Samsung Tab 4 8.0 plus when you sign a 2 year contract. Sam's Club is offering a $100 gift card. These extras, like Verizon's Gear S2 option instead of the VR bundle, are tied to signing 2 year contracts. Best Buy is offering a 64GB Samsung microSD card and I don't think it is tied to a contract.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Also there are only 300,000 "GIFTS' according to Samsung. So those on the west coast need to get their request in once it is open on the east coast. With only 300K requesrs being fullfiled on a first come basis, the East acoast could easily get them all.

Posted via the Android Central App

joelski#CB

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I called verizon yesterday and ordered a new S7. I asked about the watch and the rep said it was a mistake and was not supposed to be free however as long as it's still posted on the site they will honor it. The best part is he is sending me an S2 watch arriving tomorrow. On my receipt it says $299.99 then has a discount of $299.99. It's the 3g version. Not sure what the deal is due to the fact that it's still posted online.

agreuel

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I started a chat session with verizon and the response I got was that it was the 3g version of the watch. I did not fully trust this response so then went to Samsung's customer support website and asked the same question in a chat session. I was given the same response, that this WAS the 3g version of the watch. That's the answer I wanted to hear, but who knows. I also emailed the question to the support link on Samsung's promotion website. I guess if I get the 3g response from them too, I'll believe it coming from 3 different places.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just spent an hour on the phone with a rep and he stated that the offer online is for the 3G version so it is forced to come with a service plan of $5 a month? Anyone go through with the order yet online to find out?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I called verizon and they confirmed i would only be eligible for the vr and the gear s2 by doing the monthly payments of the phone. They also said I would not lose my unlimited data if I paid monthly or paid full retail but to get the order bonus I would have to pay monthly. The watch has good value but I rather just pay in full so I passed. Went with Bestbuy instead

Did you know that paying full retail and paying monthly is the exact same amount? Also, you can select monthly option and then immediately pay off the phone completely if you wanted to.

The only difference is that monthly payment option is unavailable to you if you have bad credit with Verizon which most people don't. It also adds slightly to your revolving debt which affects your credit score slightly depending on how much revolving debt you have. For most people this will not affect their credit, and in turn if you make the payments on time, it will help your credit.

There is no downside to pay using device payment and you technically save money this way.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So, I thought I had this figured out until you guys all confused me!!! I had found the fine print on Samsung's website which said the watch was a $300 value. Since that's from Samsung's site, I assumed it was based on Samsung's pricing which would mean the watch is the Bluetooth Only, Non-3G version. But now some of y'all are reporting that it IS the 3G version. One thing I've learned is that no matter what anyone says, what's in writing is what ultimately is fact. (Even transcripts of conversations with sales reps don't ultimately hold any weight.) So, based on Samsung's site listing it as a $300 value (and since they are the one's sending it out - not Verizon), I'm gonna bet it's the NON-3G Bluetooth watch and a lot of people are going to be disappointed because that isn't made very clear!

As for differences between the two, I did some research 2 days ago and the main thing is obviously that the 3G version gets its own phone number and gets data directly and also it has a speaker (and a pretty decent one too) whereas the bluetooth version does not have a speaker.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone gone through a purchase on Verizon site and confirmed that? I was told by two reps now that it will be the 3G version and I will be forced to open a line at $5 a month.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I called verizon and they confirmed i would only be eligible for the vr and the gear s2 by doing the monthly payments of the phone. They also said I would not lose my unlimited data if I paid monthly or paid full retail but to get the order bonus I would have to pay monthly. The watch has good value but I rather just pay in full so I passed. Went with Bestbuy instead
I imagine you could pay it off a month or two later if you want to get it out of the way.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Just for kicks I just did a chat session with Verizon rep. He seemed knowledgeable (answered questions right away rather than taking time to "look them up"). He said definitively the free watch is the Gear S2. Again, remember this is being provided by Samsung and not Verizon, which is why you have to go to the Samsung website to claim your free watch. Obviously Samsung saw value in getting Verizon customers and Verizon and Samsung came up with this additional promotion for Verizon direct orders only.

(On a side note, if you want Gold or Black you can buy from Target and get a $100 gift card + the VR Headset - ultimately that's like getting a free $100 and still getting the VR Headset. I would do that except that I want silver and Target only has black and gold...)

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I called verizon yesterday and ordered a new S7. I asked about the watch and the rep said it was a mistake and was not supposed to be free however as long as it's still posted on the site they will honor it. The best part is he is sending me an S2 watch arriving tomorrow. On my receipt it says $299.99 then has a discount of $299.99. It's the 3g version. Not sure what the deal is due to the fact that it's still posted online.

The deal isn't a mistake. And the gear watch isn't from Verizon or included on the invoice. It's an offer that requires an unreleased form to be completed and submitted like a rebate offer. If anything the rep you spoke to made a mistake. I'd love to see this receipt tho and have a hard time believing the rep was that dumb.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just for kicks I just did a chat session with Verizon rep. He seemed knowledgeable (answered questions right away rather than taking time to "look them up"). He said definitively the free watch is the Gear S2. Again, remember this is being provided by Samsung and not Verizon, which is why you have to go to the Samsung website to claim your free watch. Obviously Samsung saw value in getting Verizon customers and Verizon and Samsung came up with this additional promotion for Verizon direct orders only.

(On a side note, if you want Gold or Black you can buy from Target and get a $100 gift card + the VR Headset - ultimately that's like getting a free $100 and still getting the VR Headset. I would do that except that I want silver and Target only has black and gold...)

So they are only offering the silver?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a lie, at least the rep lied. We have already been made aware at our story that it is indeed free online. Also, Samsung makes mention of it only their site as well. It's still all over Verizon's site, if it wasn't true, Wouldn't they take it down by now?

jaburk67

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
From Verizon's website:

Galaxy S7 and S7 edge requires a new device payment activation. *Gear VR MSRP is $100, 6-game bundle is estimated at $50 value, Gear S2 MSRP is $349.99. Free Gear VR or S2 takes 4-6 wks to deliver. Visit SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer to redeem the free offer.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
This is incorrect, unless somehow you did a loophole alternate upgrade and have a 2 year agreement still running down on your line. If you are OUT of contract and as of Nov 15th we updated unlimted data plan to $49.99 as long as you are in good standing you can do device payments. I have unlimited data and plan on doing device payments on G5 or GS7 edge depending on HTC M10 time frame on launch. So are you somehow in a 2 year personal or business agreement on the line with unlimited data, as that is possible through loophole alternate upgrades.

joelski#CB

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
On my receipt for the free s2 there is a discount code. its SAMGEARS2BLACK it took the full cost off. Not sure what the deal is with the rep but I will have my watch tomorrow.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
On my receipt for the free s2 there is a discount code. its SAMGEARS2BLACK it took the full cost off. Not sure what the deal is with the rep but I will have my watch tomorrow.

So you purchased online and on the receipt it had the code? Where did you redeem it, Samsung's site?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Does the 3g version have Bluetooth and can be used with your phone in the way the non-3g version can be used? If so, I wouldn't care about getting the 3g watch, I just wouldn't activate it on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae