06-23-2016 11:40 PM
631 123 ...
tools
    On Verizon it looks like you will have a choice between the vr and the gear s2.

Get a free Gear S2 with the purchase of a Verizon S7/S7 Edge-uploadfromtaptalk1456232799034.jpg
    skatergirl and courtjames like this.
    02-23-2016 08:07 AM
    I went through my order so quick I missed that, hrmmm

edit:

http://SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer

it looks like this is the link we need, after you get your device and activate it there will be a portal on this link to enter your info and pick your freebie
    02-23-2016 08:15 AM
    Im assuming this is the 3g version of the gear s2? That would be a great deal. A free $350 smartwatch.
    02-23-2016 09:11 AM
    yea I am going to choose the watch purely for the value, the gear VR is only $99 I can buy that separately.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    02-23-2016 09:20 AM
    I think its a misprint, once it links you to samsungs promo site all it shows is gear VR. I would pre order for the watch alone, but just the full price and only a gear VR isnt worth it to me, since android phones loose half the value in a matter of 2 months (atleast based on my local NYC craigslist market)
    02-23-2016 10:12 AM
    I think its a misprint, once it links you to samsungs promo site all it shows is gear VR. I would pre order for the watch alone, but just the full price and only a gear VR isnt worth it to me, since android phones loose half the value in a matter of 2 months (atleast based on my local NYC craigslist market)
    Dammit @ihtc you would point out the obvious. I didn't even notice it said VR only. But i'm holding out hope on the Verizon site that the Gear S2 would be an option as well. Not worth it for VR for me.
    02-23-2016 10:15 AM
    This only applied if you used "Device Payment" from Verizon. When you choose to pay the full retail price - as I did - you lose the option to get an S2 or VR.
    02-23-2016 10:18 AM
    This only applied if you used "Device Payment" from Verizon. When you choose to pay the full retail price - as I did - you lose the option to get an S2 or VR.
    I did device payment option and it doesn't list anything about them on my invoice.

edit: just ran another order through with my other line and no where does it mention anything explicitly in the order about the offer, but the advertisement is plastered all over the site and even the fine print clearly says free gear s2 with purchase (on a device payment plan) before 3/18/16.

so even if it is a "typo" it was made over and over and I can't imagine them not honoring it.

edit2: litterally just got an email from verizon titled "get a free gear s2 when you preorder the galaxy s7 online" doesn't even mention the gear VR, just says you get a free gear s2 if you preorder. says online exclusive also
    02-23-2016 10:24 AM
    Just got an email as well. Looks like unlimited data lines still aren't eligble for payment plans. I don't mind spending full retail IF i get the s2, if i don't then Im not interested and will wait to get one for $550-600 off craigslist etc. a month after release
    02-23-2016 10:45 AM
    Same here. Just received the email for Gear S2 when activating on device payment plan. I guess we are in the clear now.
    02-23-2016 10:53 AM
    Just got an email as well. Looks like unlimited data lines still aren't eligble for payment plans. I don't mind spending full retail IF i get the s2, if i don't then Im not interested and will wait to get one for $550-600 off craigslist etc. a month after release
    It looks like it will let me choose the payment plan and keep my current unlimited plan. Are you seeing differently?
    02-23-2016 11:32 AM
    When i got to check it it was broken it made it appear like I was adding a new line for $10 but without a data plan , i didn't want any risk so i backed off. I have one 6gb line with a subsidy available but the fine print says edge payment plan. Don't want to not get my gear s2.
    02-23-2016 11:35 AM
    Whats strange is verizon says one dge payment plan but the re direct to samsungs promo site says full price, installment, or 2 year agreement. I guess Samsung is fulfilling them why do they care how you purchased it.
    02-23-2016 11:50 AM
    It looks like it will let me choose the payment plan and keep my current unlimited plan. Are you seeing differently?
    If you are off contract then unlimited can keep unlimited and use dpp. On contract with early upgrade will not allow you to keep unlimited,you will have to wait until the contract ends.
    02-23-2016 12:22 PM
    I am on contract so that may be why I had issues. HOWEVER, I used a subsidy on my 6gb Data Max line and got the phone for $300 plus upgrade fee and taxes ($370). I also confirmed with a verizon CHAT rep (and saved it of course) that I am eligible for a choice for the choice of the S2 or the VR. I will go for the watch of course. Just sucks we wait 4-6 weeks for redemption, worth it for a free s2 watch.
    02-23-2016 12:33 PM
    If you are off contract then unlimited can keep unlimited and use dpp. On contract with early upgrade will not allow you to keep unlimited,you will have to wait until the contract ends.
    I am off contract. As I see it, my options are:

Pay $790ish for phone and maybe get VR or G2, keeping unlimited
    Pay $33ish/mo. for 2 years and get VR or G2 (G2), keeping unlimited
    Pay $33ish/mo. for 2 years and get G2, switching to lower tier (6GB) plan to make up the difference
    Pay $340ish to upgrade (as seen at BB) and get VR or G2, losing unlimited I'm sure, but getting what I don't know.

Does that sound correct?

<edit>
    I'm not sure if it matters, but I am on a single line. Current bill is ~$95/mo. after taxes/fees/discounts.
    </edit>
    02-23-2016 01:18 PM
    I chatted with a verizon rep, and also if you head to samsungs promo site (in the email link from verizon) it shows all methods of purchasing as eligible. I have also saved my online chat with verizon for my records, asking twice. She also stayed on the chat until i preordered , I gave my number, she stated everything looks good and I will have a choice of Gear S2 or VR. PS: I did a 2 year contract on one of my 6gb data max lines.
    02-23-2016 01:24 PM
    I am off contract. As I see it, my options are:

Pay $790ish for phone and maybe get VR or G2, keeping unlimited
    Pay $33ish/mo. for 2 years and get VR or G2 (G2), keeping unlimited
    Pay $33ish/mo. for 2 years and get G2, switching to lower tier (6GB) plan to make up the difference
    Pay $340ish to upgrade (as seen at BB) and get VR or G2, losing unlimited I'm sure, but getting what I don't know.

Does that sound correct?

<edit>
    I'm not sure if it matters, but I am on a single line. Current bill is ~$95/mo. after taxes/fees/discounts.
    </edit>
    Best buy will change you to a 2gb data plan. DONT DO IT. If you are on the off contract Unlimited data (likely the new $50 pricing) you should be able to upgrade with device payment plan. On my unlimited line it only gave full price as I am still under contract on the original monthly pricing.
    02-23-2016 01:25 PM
    Any way to get around $40 upgrade fee and $20 activation? The upgrade fee seems silly if I'm buying the phone outright.
    02-23-2016 03:45 PM
    Any way to get around $40 upgrade fee and $20 activation? The upgrade fee seems silly if I'm buying the phone outright.
    Dpp doesn't have upgrade fee. The activation fee isn't charged unless you are adding a new line
    02-23-2016 04:25 PM
    The free Gear VR or Gear S2 ONLY applies to the device payment option (monthly). That is Verizon's terms and conditions. The Samsung website states that each carrier has their own specific T&C. Verizon does not include contract renewal price ($299) as a "qualified purchase." People are going to be disappointed that they didn't' read the fine print.
    02-23-2016 05:38 PM
    The free Gear VR or Gear S2 ONLY applies to the device payment option (monthly). That is Verizon's terms and conditions. The Samsung website states that each carrier has their own specific T&C. Verizon does not include contract renewal price ($299) as a "qualified purchase." People are going to be disappointed that they didn't' read the fine print.
    I think we are all in agreement that the deal (specifically for verizon atleast) requires the phone to be purchased with a device payment plan.. it states it several times in not so fine print. But if anyone is confused still I do agree with you that it is required.

I just called verizon (and yes I know the CSR's dont know everything) but I wanted to try and verify what the requirements were for the gear s2 promotion. they confirmed:

1. must order online (although I do think store might somehow be an option but the email says online only and the phone rep says online only)
    2. must purchase the phone under a device payment plan.

those are basically the two big caveats. I specifically requested whether or not it had to be a new line or if upgrades are eligible and they said that any new order under a device payment plan is eligible.

on a side note, they said the verizon offer link would have the form up on march 4th
    yxcolo likes this.
    02-23-2016 05:43 PM
    There was confusion on another thread. And people were reporting misinformation. Sorry I was just trying to help. Though I was told if I go device payments that I get a $25/month discount on my line, which over 2 years is $600. So the phone is essentially cheaper for me this way and doesn't lock me in.
    02-23-2016 05:52 PM
    yea I am in the same boat, switching to a device payment plan actually only changed my bill by a few dollars and instead of paying torwards line access i'm putting that money torwards a brand new phone.. and a free $300 smart watch.

also I bumped up to the XL program, hopefully after I activate my two new s7's with their current promotion I should get 2 extra gigs a line so a total of 16 gigs a month for $68 (military discount) (+20+20+28+28 also)
    02-23-2016 06:00 PM
    Yes the picture in the first post clearly says that...
    02-23-2016 06:28 PM
631 123 ...