How much bloatware is on the S7?

A

AC Question

I have the S4 and it is filled with apps like NFL that I can't uninstall. I heard the S6 removed a lot of the bloatware. Is the S7 going to continue this tradition and did they really get rid of a lot of this stuff?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably would be similar to the s6.

On the s6, I was able to use package disabler to disable any package. You don't want to uninstall system stuff as you would have problems with OTA

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Probably would be similar to the s6.

On the s6, I was able to use package disabler to disable any package. You don't want to uninstall system stuff as you would have problems with OTA

While you can disable, you can't remove. All the bloat takes up space, and with only 32GB on tap, that limits the space available for apps. Samsung's traditional bloat, combined with carrier bloat and limited RAM, is my biggest hesitation with buying one of these S7 variants.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Having both att and T-Mobile, att is by far the worse (Verizon also).
att will alter the settings menu, logo the back, and install a half dozen more apps.

IMO, the tmob version will be as close to the Euro unlocked as you can get. I think I only disabled 2 or 3 tmob apps.... Rest were Samsung apps that are probably on all devices worldwide.

Posted via the Android Central App

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Well this is from T Mobile's website. Since it has "Smart Remote" listed, I'm not so sure about the accuracy. Hope it helps

The following apps are pre-installed on the device:

Amazon
Calculator
Calendar
Camera
Chrome
Clock
Contacts
Drive
Email
Galaxy Apps
Gallery
Gmail
Google search
Google settings
Hangouts
Instagram
Internet
Lookout Security
Maps
Memo
Milk Video
Music
My files
Phone
Play Books
Play Games
Play Movies & TV
Play Music
Play Newsstand
Play Store
S Health
S Voice
Settings
Smart Manager
Smart Remote
Smart Switch
T-Mobile My Account
T-Mobile Name ID
T-Mobile TV
Video
Visual Voicemail
Voice recorder
Voice Search
Whats app
YouTube

Source: https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/android/samsung_galaxy_s_7#id_1299974

Dutchcheese

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
That is the one of the reasons i stopped purchasing Samsung after S3, S4, S5 dual sim, Note 4, and now I bought a 128Gb 4Gb phone dual sim, which I paid for and is MY phone and took out all the bloatware I did not want. Samsung you are doing business terrorism and do not respect customers. Brussel is already starting to see if they can force u to leave it to people what to do with their phone and which phone to buy, One or two sim, which software etc. etc. WAKE UP, smart business behavior will improve your business results, and maybe I will buy again a Samsung.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
That is the one of the reasons i stopped purchasing Samsung after S3, S4, S5 dual sim, Note 4, and now I bought a 128Gb 4Gb phone dual sim, which I paid for and is MY phone and took out all the bloatware I did not want. Samsung you are doing business terrorism and do not respect customers. Brussel is already starting to see if they can force u to leave it to people what to do with their phone and which phone to buy, One or two sim, which software etc. etc. WAKE UP, smart business behavior will improve your business results, and maybe I will buy again a Samsung.

US versions of these phones have far more bloat than European versions so I wouldn't blame Samsung outright for this.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
UK owner here. I hated the S4 as that had too much bloatware! Tried iPhone 5S for a while and that was great then ran out of memory! Then got the S6 Edge last year. So much better! I'll be happy if the S7 is the same. The S4 half of its internal memory was bloat! PS I never use Hangouts - why can't I just delete that?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
One difference I've noticed between my S7 Edge and the Note 5 is the S7 doesn't have any of the Microsoft apps preinstalled. All the T-Mobile garbage is still there as well as all the Google apps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One difference I've noticed between my S7 Edge and the Note 5 is the S7 doesn't have any of the Microsoft apps preinstalled. All the T-Mobile garbage is still there as well as all the Google apps.
That depends on carrier. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 didn't have Microsoft apps pre installed

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
While you can disable, you can't remove. All the bloat takes up space, and with only 32GB on tap, that limits the space available for apps. Samsung's traditional bloat, combined with carrier bloat and limited RAM, is my biggest hesitation with buying one of these S7 variants.

Are you referring to 4GB's as "limited RAM'? Wow...that's a lot of RAM to refer to as "limited", or small...

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech