greenplumber

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Cockadoodle dooo

de7dffc83803ec15fa00067ac730ea0f.jpg

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
4:3 and 16:9 are only relevant to taking photos. The aspect ratio of the video is set by which record mode you set.

The point of my question is that if you're shooting photos in 4:3, and if you want to record video, you will have a zooming effect if you don't first switch the ratio to 16:9. The zooming effect at the start of video recording may mean you miss parts of what you actually want to record at the start. I know it's not hard to manually switch it to 16:9 prior to recording video, but you may not have time for that if you want to record something really quickly. So if you really want to shoot photos in 4:3, I think it's better to have the camera setting at 16:9 by default and switch it to 4:3 if you really want more field of view. 16:9 also has the advantages of displaying full screen on most people's commonly used devices (phone, TV, PC etc) without having to spend precious time editing it.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The point of my question is that if you're shooting photos in 4:3, and if you want to record video, you will have a zooming effect if you don't first switch the ratio to 16:9. The zooming effect at the start of video recording may mean you miss parts of what you actually want to record at the start. I know it's not hard to manually switch it to 16:9 prior to recording video, but you may not have time for that if you want to record something really quickly. So if you really want to shoot photos in 4:3, I think it's better to have the camera setting at 16:9 by default and switch it to 4:3 if you really want more field of view. 16:9 also has the advantages of displaying full screen on most people's commonly used devices (phone, TV, PC etc) without having to spend precious time editing it.

The aspect ratio you have the photos set at doesn't transfer when you start a video. The aspect ratio for video is set under settings in the camera. I normally have mine set at FHD 1920x1080. You are correct that this does have a zooming effect when recording. VGA doesn't zoom but you obviously lose image quality. To be honest I don't record much video on my phone. I'm a bit of gadget freak so I have multiple cameras/camcorders.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
The aspect ratio you have the photos set at doesn't transfer when you start a video. The aspect ratio for video is set under settings in the camera. I normally have mine set at FHD 1920x1080. You are correct that this does have a zooming effect when recording. VGA doesn't zoom but you obviously lose image quality. To be honest I don't record much video on my phone. I'm a bit of gadget freak so I have multiple cameras/camcorders.

The zooming effect is ultimately the issue for me. And since I use my phone for social photography and video recording only, maximum convenience (eg. set and forget) is one of the most important aspects for me. Probably be only the occasional instance where I would want more FOV when shooting photos and have to manually adjust to 4:3.

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
OK, you're going to have to tell us what these food/drink pictures are (Please) :)

Its ROOH AFZA. A non alcoholic concentrated squash. The specific Unani recipe of Rooh Afza combines several ingredients popularly believed to be cooling agents, such as rose, which is used as a remedy for loo, and the hot summer winds of Northern India and Pakistan. It is sold commercially as a syrup to flavor sherbets, cold milk drinks, ices, and cold desserts, such as the popular falooda. Rooh Afza is typically and more popularly consumed by South Asian Muslims to end their fasts in the month of Ramadan, but has now seen popularity among the non Muslim populous.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Its ROOH AFZA. A non alcoholic concentrated squash. The specific Unani recipe of Rooh Afza combines several ingredients popularly believed to be cooling agents, such as rose, which is used as a remedy for loo, and the hot summer winds of Northern India and Pakistan. It is sold commercially as a syrup to flavor sherbets, cold milk drinks, ices, and cold desserts, such as the popular falooda. Rooh Afza is typically and more popularly consumed by South Asian Muslims to end their fasts in the month of Ramadan, but has now seen popularity among the non Muslim populous.

Thank you :) Looked good till you said "squash" <lol>

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Auto mode vs Pro mode. I know that they aren't framed correctly. I was just playing around with the settings. They were both taken handheld using 2 second timer and holding my breath to minimize shaking the phone.

20160528_231433-2.jpg
20160528_231741-2.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lookout Mountain, Colorado. This is overlooking the city of Golden and I believe that is the Colorado School of Mines there. Coors brewery is there as well.

S7 Edge. It was hard to see the display in the sunlight so all I could do was point and shoot.

20160606_120144.jpg