Photos taken with the S7/S7 Edge

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Stupid computer is down and I'm having to use my tablet or phone to read the website. Photos don't show up, I just get the paper clip and the word attachment. Can someone tell me how to view photos on this website with my phone or Samsung Galaxy Note tablet? Thanks
I'm using Tapatalk on my S3 and the photos show.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The light bulb is impressive. The bulb isn't blown out, meaning detail shows there even though the direct light is much brighter than the shadow areas.

The street scene has noise but still excellent for a micro sensor.

@flintlock: i know exactly what you mean by talking about the available dynamic range of this new camera module.

do note please that if one uses Auto HDR versus HDR "ON", you'd get two very different results:

auto HDR is sort of like "HDR lite", i.e. a little HDR

HDR ON is like turning HDR on, so it's HDR as fully functional as this particular sensor and its processor can handle.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
They're showing on the AC app. I just don't care for the app. So I'll only use it when I want to look at photos. Thanks

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Took these photos tonight. My bedroom is really dark and the only light is in the hallway. S5 vs S7. Amazing! Truly amazing. All the settings were stock. HDR is on auto, no flash.

S5
2016-03-09 22.50.06.jpg

S7
2016-03-09 18.37.32.jpg

Last edited:

JiiPeee90

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I came here to check if others have annoying distortion in the center portion of the pics and yep, its there. Clearly visible in the straight lines. I have Sony sensor in my Edge.

This is taken with my phone:

20160310_144739.jpg

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it on a piece of a4 paper full of text. I get something similar. I think it's the nature of the lens. It's not something you will notice on a photo of a person. Only close up lines.

Posted via S7 edge 😍

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sun pillar at sunset. S7 edge Turned light input down on auto focus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 971.jpg
    971.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 79

jbbrown79

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Took these photos tonight. My bedroom is really dark and the only light is in the hallway. S5 vs S7. Amazing! Truly amazing. All the settings were whatever it's set to. HDR is on auto and I didn't touch anything else. No flash.

S5
View attachment 219481

S7
View attachment 219480

Thanks for sharing - that looks amazing! I can't believe how big of a difference there is between the two.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I went from the S6 to the S7. I honestly don't see a big difference in the pictures. Photo's seem a little brighter if I don't use the flash but as for it being any better, I can't say the pictures are any better. That being said this phone is a definite upgrade. The fingerprint sensor is lightning fast. It's very responsive. You don't know how bad the old one is until you experience the new one. Battery seems to last longer (though I've only had it a couple of days). I love that expandable memory is back! I take a huge amount of pictures so expandable memory is a must. I ran out of space on the S6. Everything seems quicker. Not quirky. The S6 would like "stutter" on occasion. The S7 doesn't. All in all it just seems like they fixed all the annoying problems that were found on the S6, which in itself was a wonderful phone.

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I think a 1 year upgrade cycle is always a bit tricky and are seldom worthwhile. I mean, sure the S7 is a significant upgrade over the S6, but significant enough to spend an extra say $400, assuming you sell the s6 for $300? Not too sure about that.

Rach426

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make the front camera stop "flipping" the pictures on the galaxy s7? I can't seem to find it in the settings anywhere. Thanks!

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make the front camera stop "flipping" the pictures on the galaxy s7? I can't seem to find it in the settings anywhere. Thanks!
Only option I've seen is to take the photo, then hit the Edit button, and flip the photo horizontally there. The option to do that automatically vis the front camera seems to be gone from the S7, not that it's a huge deal (at least in my case).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar