Photos taken with the S7/S7 Edge

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Please note that i discovered an odd issue with HDR ON versus Auto HDR:

Auto HDR turns out to be essentially "HDR Lite", and HDR ON is really full-on HDR.

so, if you were to take 3 pictures of the IDENTICAL still life scene, and one is HDR OFF, one is HDR Auto, and the last one is HDR ON, you'd essentially get: no HDR, lite HDR, and full-on HDR.

if anyone were industrious and wish to confirm my findings, I'd most welcome it. thank you in advance!
Due to it being typical bank holiday weather and really grey and miserable outside ive taken 3 shots inside just to show the different amounts of processing across no HDR/ auto HDR and HDR on.

C- for artistic content but I think it proves the difference.
HDR off
No HDR.jpg
HDR auto
Auto HDR.jpg
HDR on
Full HDR.jpg

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Somebody else in one of the other threads found the same thing, I've personally not looked as I shoot mostly in pro mode and use the raw files.

Do you know if you can make it stay in pro/RAW mode? I noticed I have to go to pro mode, then settings, turn on raw. And half the time, raw is grayed out, so I have to restart my phone to get it to work. I'm starting to think mine is a lemon, but not a bad lemon, but still, a lemon.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Do you know if you can make it stay in pro/RAW mode? I noticed I have to go to pro mode, then settings, turn on raw. And half the time, raw is grayed out, so I have to restart my phone to get it to work. I'm starting to think mine is a lemon, but not a bad lemon, but still, a lemon.
On mine as soon as I change to pro mode it remembers the setting to save in raw mode, the only time I see the save to raw greyed out is if I go into settings in auto or one of the other modes.

when you select pro mode does it say? "both raw and jpg files will be saved in device storage"

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Auto mode.

Attachments

• 1458878637867.jpg
    1458878637867.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 1458878653096.jpg
    1458878653096.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1458878672198.jpg
    1458878672198.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 51

MasterRy88

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This was a good test in a semi low light bar, most all the light comes from the xmas lights and neon signs.

Everything was set to auto, I would hurt myself trying to figure out how to use advance settings.

20160311_191323.jpg

death_eater

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
On mine as soon as I change to pro mode it remembers the setting to save in raw mode, the only time I see the save to raw greyed out is if I go into settings in auto or one of the other modes.

when you select pro mode does it say? "both raw and jpg files will be saved in device storage"

In my case, everytime I select Pro mode, the raw saving is back to off even though I already turned it on earlier. So I always have to go to settings if I want the raw file to be saved. Anyone having the same problem?

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

It does say that when I'm able to choose RAW (when it's not grayed out).

FYI for anying reading, I realized I'm not rebooting to bring the option back, I'm resetting the camera settings.

I'm not sure why, but this reset of the settings seemed to do the trick. Now when I open up and go to Pro (even from the widget), the "both raw and jpg files will be saved in device storage" comes up (which tells me RAW is chosen). YAY!

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
In my case, everytime I select Pro mode, the raw saving is back to off even though I already turned it on earlier. So I always have to go to settings if I want the raw file to be saved. Anyone having the same problem?

Try resetting your camera settings. I did that and it seemed to do the trick. Not sure if it'll stick (as my phone is temperamental about a lot of things), but it seems to be sticking for me now.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
62b9213bb8c2de4056482014814502ae.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie