03-10-2018 09:59 AM
160 12345 ...
tools
    No difference what type of card. Goes away for a while but it always comes back every so many minutes. Guessing I have a defective phone of which there seems to be quite a few like mine. I
    03-17-2016 01:05 PM
    Well, on a second galaxy s7 for me. Now the sd card wont stop unmounting itself and re reading. It's a brand new, samsung evo + micro sd card. After talking to a rep they suggested 2 things, returning the micro sd card and exchanging it, or exchanging the phone again for phone #3. I've already spent $25 on screen protector, not once but twice bringing me to $50. Anyone have any better suggestions?
    03-17-2016 09:00 PM
    I really don't think this is a hardware issue. My friend just purchased an S7 from Verizon and sure enough his is having the same SD card notification. So both of my S7 phones on Sprint even with trying different SD cards have the same issue. Hopefully Samsung will be able to solve this with a firmware update and I have a ticket open with them about it.
    03-17-2016 10:57 PM
    If you put something like at least a folder on the card, the message goes away
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    03-17-2016 11:23 PM
    I really don't think this is a hardware issue. My friend just purchased an S7 from Verizon and sure enough his is having the same SD card notification. So both of my S7 phones on Sprint even with trying different SD cards have the same issue. Hopefully Samsung will be able to solve this with a firmware update and I have a ticket open with them about it.
    Unfortunately I have same problems
    But you've just proved the opposite, it's most probably a hardware issue. More specifically sd card slot has defective contacts. That's why the phone loosing connection with the card, and card getting unmounted.
    I'm returning the phone and buying new one once they're back in stock. Hopefully, it was defective first batch, and Samsung fixed the problem. I've never had such problems with my previous galaxy phones and also note, and many 9f them used sd cards without any problems.
    03-17-2016 11:31 PM
    Sure you can dismiss it, and it 0 comes back 20 times later, and drains your battery through constant card scanning
    03-17-2016 11:33 PM
    I have added folders and files and still get the message
    xgman likes this.
    03-18-2016 08:25 AM
    I really don't think this is a hardware issue.
    I think that is exactly what this is. A hardware issue. More specifically a badly fitting slot or lazy contacts of some sort. There are probably a percentage of units that fit tighter for whatever reason and are not prone to the disconnects. But no way to tell without a couple days of use. I'm not sure how they would fix this aside from maybe a new better slot design.

Look, until we see that new units are immune to this issue, we are exchanging our phones and having to setup from scratch with very little assurance the problem won't still rear it's ugly head by the next day. I'm not sure if it is worth it. I'm not sure what to do. I'm considering just abandoning the idea of the sd card altogether, but I'd be ok with that if I could get a Verizon 64 bit model of the S7E, but alas.....
    03-18-2016 10:48 AM
    I think that is exactly what this is. A hardware issue. More specifically a badly fitting slot or lazy contacts of some sort. There are probably a percentage of units that fit tighter for whatever reason and are not prone to the disconnects. But no way to tell without a couple days of use. I'm not sure how they would fix this aside from maybe a new better slot design.

Look, until we see that new units are immune to this issue, we are exchanging our phones and having to setup from scratch with very little assurance the problem won't still rear it's ugly head by the next day. I'm not sure if it is worth it. I'm not sure what to do. I'm considering just abandoning the idea of the sd card altogether, but I'd be ok with that if I could get a Verizon 64 bit model of the S7E, but alas.....
    That's exactly what I've said, that why I'm sort of being forced to return my device before remorse period runs out. And hopefully, once new batch comes to T-Mobile in about 10 days, it will be good.
    But without sd card, thus phone is almost useless.
    I'm being left with 8gb after all my setup. Which for such high end expensive phone is nothing...
    xgman likes this.
    03-18-2016 11:01 AM
    I'm getting a system update right now. Worth a try but not likely addressed yet.
    03-18-2016 12:54 PM
    I'm getting a system update right now. Worth a try but not likely addressed yet.
    I've already did, it's not related to this problem.
    03-18-2016 01:30 PM
    This happens after a restart. Once you pull down the notification and clear it is gone until another restart.

Dave Clark4
    03-18-2016 03:10 PM
    I swapped SD Cards and it has fixed the problem. Changed from a 64gb SanDisk to a 64gb Samsung Evo card. 48 hours, no notifications. I was getting them every hour.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2016 12:38 AM
    I swapped SD Cards and it has fixed the problem. Changed from a 64gb SanDisk to a 64gb Samsung Evo card. 48 hours, no notifications. I was getting them every hour.

Definitely not the reason
    No phone would keep unmounting memory card because it's a different brand.
    And I've tried Samsung Evo + , same exact problem.
    03-19-2016 09:50 AM
    Definitely not the reason
    No phone would keep unmounting memory card because it's a different brand.
    And I've tried Samsung Evo + , same exact problem.
    Well it worked for me! I'd suggest people try another card if they have one. Also try formatting the card through the android settings too.

03-19-2016 11:08 AM
    Just a note. The card I used first in my S7 came from my S5. I never once had a problem with it. I took it out of my S5 and formatted it using my PC. Put it in my S7 and was getting SD card notifications frequently.
    I then took another card from my Tab s and formatted using my S7. No issues for 3 days.

The card that was getting errors I put in my Tab s and got the same notification frequently. Formatted it using my Tab s and all is working fine.

Try formatting it in the device you are using it in. It has fixed my problem 100% touch wood😉

03-19-2016 11:18 AM
    Just a note. The card I used first in my S7 came from my S5. I never once had a problem with it. I took it out of my S5 and formatted it using my PC. Put it in my S7 and was getting SD card notifications frequently.
    I then took another card from my Tab s and formatted using my S7. No issues for 3 days.

The card that was getting errors I put in my Tab s and got the same notification frequently. Formatted it using my Tab s and all is working fine.

Try formatting it in the device you are using it in. It has fixed my problem 100% touch wood😉

Thanks for reply and ideas
    I'll try using smaller 64gb card, I've just bought 128,and it was this problem, but didn't do format.
    It's just time is short and I need to decide whether to return the phone back. And then maybe buy another one.
    03-19-2016 11:52 AM
    Yes. I am having the same issue. Keeps popping all the time.
    03-19-2016 12:36 PM
    Thanks for reply and ideas
    I'll try using smaller 64gb card, I've just bought 128,and it was this problem, but didn't do format.
    It's just time is short and I need to decide whether to return the phone back. And then maybe buy another one.
    Regardless of fixes this shouldn't be happening. Hope you find a solution 😉

Vlad K likes this.
    03-19-2016 01:00 PM
    I was using a Samsung pro+ 128gb and was getting the notifications. I exchanged it for anther one exactly the same and still had the notifications come up. I then exchanged phone through T-Mobile and still had the problem. I read to try the Samsung Evo+ so I purchased it with 128gb and still have that issue. I also read that doing a factory reset would fix the problem so I tried that but the notifications still comes up throughout the day. I don't know what else to do. I only have until mid week to decide if I should return it again or keep it and hope there is a fix soon. These phones are pricy for us to be having these kind of problems.
    03-19-2016 06:53 PM
    I'm saying exactly same thing, today and tomorrow will try something else
    I also have couple more days before i can send phone back to t-mobile
    Let me ask you, did you ever tried smaller card? Like 64 GB?
    Or did you ever tried to format it through the phone before use?
    03-19-2016 07:09 PM
    Luckily put in a Samsung 64gb sd card yesterday. Formatted it on the phone then put 17gbs of music and some photos on it. Only time I had a notification was the first time I installed the card. I will keep an eye on things.
    03-19-2016 07:58 PM
    This and the stupid power button/volume button issue really are a stain on an otherwise great phone. I understand nothing will be perfect, but you'd think a huge company like Samsung wouldn't have such ridiculous issues as these.
    03-19-2016 10:48 PM
    I tried a 64gb SanDisk extreme card and it still gave me notification. I formatted through phone but still had issues. Not sure what else to try but I need a solution very soon.
    03-20-2016 01:48 AM
    My wife and I bought the S7 Edge on the same day from the same store with the same SD cards. Her phone never gives the error message, mine constantly gives the error message. I've tried reseating it, reformatting it, and putting files on it. The only thing that makes it go away is to unmount the card. We're both using a Kingston 64gb Class 10 card.
    03-20-2016 10:20 AM
160 12345 ...