constant SD Card Notification "SD CARD for transferring photos and media"

digital312

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
got my S7 Edge in Titanium Silver on T-Mobile yesterday and yes it is amazing!

threw a 64gb sandisk micro sd card in it - format card in the phone - recognized and working fine

put some music and pics on the card via my PC

every half hour or so I have this annoying "SD CARD for transferring photos and media" message popping up in my notification shade. It has two options explore or eject.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160302-131513.jpg
    Screenshot_20160302-131513.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 363

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The messages seem to have subsided on my phone. Not sure why. May have happened after I started taking pics that are stored on SD.

Posted via the Android Central App

digital312

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
think that did the trick, recorded a video a couple minutes long that saved to the micro sd card and now the message appears to have gone away

ddialogue

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Reply: "There's a menu option to turn off sdcard constant notification"

Can you be more specific as to where this option is?

Last edited:

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Getting the same message on every startup. Hoping this is a bug. Very annoying. I know, first world problems... :)

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just pull the notifications down and swipe it away. I know it's annoying but it takes 2 seconds

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It keeps coming back on the galaxy s7 even if you turn system ui notifications off. It make me want to ditch the sd card. Most annoying thing on a phone I have ever seen. :mad:

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I also find this very annoying. But I haven't found any other way of directly accessing the SD Card. By that I mean, if we find a way to make this Notification go away, how do we directly access the SD Card later, if we want to?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I also find this very annoying. But I haven't found any other way of directly accessing the SD Card. By that I mean, if we find a way to make this Notification go away, how do we directly access the SD Card later, if we want to?
File manager or any third party file manager. I called Samsung and they weren't any help. Best to make a case and let them know the issue though.

phantomlink

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting this constantly as well, and now I keep getting the SD card removed messages. When it's having problems with the SD card it pretty much locks out my phone and I can't do a thing. I've already formatted it using the phone itself, and I Know it's not a card problem because it worked for 2+ years in my HTC just fine

BillArf

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting this constantly as well, and now I keep getting the SD card removed messages. When it's having problems with the SD card it pretty much locks out my phone and I can't do a thing. I've already formatted it using the phone itself, and I Know it's not a card problem because it worked for 2+ years in my HTC just fine

Storage media does have a lifespan (so many read/writes) so never take for granted a memory card has not become problematic for whatever reason to include reaching the end of it's lifespan.. I'd say try another memory card and if the issue continues you will know for sure it is something other then the memory card.

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
A valid point, but this isn't failed media. It's something to do with Marshmallow - or the S7 itself. Same results with new media and old cards. Very annoying.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
A valid point, but this isn't failed media. It's something to do with Marshmallow - or the S7 itself. Same results with new media and old cards. Very annoying.

Its not his card.. tons of people are having this issue.. I'm having it on a new samsung 128 evo+.. hell they cant even get their own cards to work. haha

DucatiJoe1

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card
2. On the phone, navigate to: Settings >> Memory >> SD Card
3. In the submenu, choose FORMAT

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memor card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

Hopefully this helped you out! Thanks!

phantomlink

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh it still appears, my SD card is a Transcend though and read they were supposed to work fine. Will see if I have another laying around to test it for the day

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay