03-10-2018 09:59 AM
160 ... 34567
tools
    My Note 4 just started doing this 4 fsys ago when Marshmallow downloaded and installed. This is definitely a software problem. My Note 4 is also constantly rebooting as well. Marshmallow sucks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 05:54 PM
    Do not wait to long! I had this issue and made it jit to get a replacement phone. New phone. No issue. configured it identically to my 1st phone and same sd card.
    03-30-2016 07:44 PM
    A valid point, but this isn't failed media. It's something to do with Marshmallow - or the S7 itself. Same results with new media and old cards. Very annoying.
    Marshmallow. Confirmed occurs on my Note 4; never did (NEVER) on Lollipop.
    03-31-2016 08:04 AM
    I also confirm 6 days ago when I was a happy lollipopper I never had an issue with constant reboots and sd card notifications. Then it all changed....

mojosingle likes this.
    03-31-2016 03:29 PM
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!

According to an article on gottabemobile I just read, this is a feature. DOH!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/03...xy-s7-s7-edge/

03-31-2016 11:19 PM
    It's not a bug, it's a feature!

According to an article on gottabemobile I just read, this is a feature. DOH!

How to Clear the MicroSD Notification on Galaxy S7, S7 Edge

Um, it doesn't say it's a feature. And their solution doesn't work. Already tried it over a week ago and I get the notification daily w/o any sort of restart.
    04-01-2016 12:13 AM
    The "feature' sucks.

04-01-2016 12:25 AM
    I just received an Android System update today on my S7 on Sprint and so far I haven't gotten the SD card notification. I rebooted the phone and no SD card notification which so far looks promising since every reboot before the update I would get the notification. I will post more after a few days of usage but it looks hopeful so far.
    04-01-2016 11:00 AM
    I just received an Android System update today on my S7 on Sprint and so far I haven't gotten the SD card notification. I rebooted the phone and no SD card notification which so far looks promising since every reboot before the update I would get the notification. I will post more after a few days of usage but it looks hopeful so far.
    Oh wow. So no notification even after reboot? That sounds promising.
    04-01-2016 11:51 AM
    Went on to Samsung support facebook page and had a big conversation with them. Basically all they are going to do is troubleshoot but they have no solution and they want you to send the phone in and wait a couple of weeks so they can hopefully repair it.
    I ended up exchanging mine a couple of day ago through Tmobile and it has been working great. No more notifications. I would highly recommend everyone that can to do an exchange.
    04-01-2016 12:26 PM
    Tried the soft fixes. Just going to try turning off notifications for sys Ui. I think it's software. My GS3 did this after some of the last updates it ever got. I tried different cards in it to. The GS3 was worse because the app would crash that was accessing it. Maybe I will send a support case to Samsung, but its just a silent notification at this point.
    04-03-2016 09:36 PM
    5 days now after receiving the software update on both of my Spring S7's and no more SD card notification!!! Even after multiple reboots and using the phone like I did before its finally gone! Here are the versions shown on my phone. Software version: G930PVPU2APC5, Android Version 6.0.1, Android security patch level: March 1, 2016, Model Number: SM-G930P. This confirms for me that it was a software issue the entire time and not a hardware problem with the SD card door, SD card used itself, or any other 3rd party software I had installed.
    04-06-2016 09:31 AM
    Same here. So f-ing annoying. Also get one about which keyboard I'm using each time it restarts. And what happened to go the Samsung Memo app?
    04-08-2016 03:43 PM
    5 days now after receiving the software update on both of my Spring S7's and no more SD card notification!!! Even after multiple reboots and using the phone like I did before its finally gone! Here are the versions shown on my phone. Software version: G930PVPU2APC5, Android Version 6.0.1, Android security patch level: March 1, 2016, Model Number: SM-G930P. This confirms for me that it was a software issue the entire time and not a hardware problem with the SD card door, SD card used itself, or any other 3rd party software I had installed.
    I was getting these only after reboot. Now after the April tmobile update I am seeing them pop up a lot.
    04-12-2016 10:47 PM
    Tried the soft fixes. Just going to try turning off notifications for sys Ui. I think it's software. My GS3 did this after some of the last updates it ever got. I tried different cards in it to. The GS3 was worse because the app would crash that was accessing it. Maybe I will send a support case to Samsung, but its just a silent notification at this point.
    Sprint version won't allow turning off these notifications for System UI. CRAP.
    04-13-2016 09:47 AM
    Um, it doesn't say it's a feature. And their solution doesn't work. Already tried it over a week ago and I get the notification daily w/o any sort of restart.
    Also, in their docmentation it says: "Once you’ve formatted a MicroSD card inside the Galaxy S7 this notification should only appear once each time you restart the smartphone. Simply swipe away the Galaxy S7 microSD card notification and continue on with your day." OK, great, now it only pops up once every time I reboot. BUT IT STILL POPS UP. GRRRRR....
    04-13-2016 09:48 AM
    Problem Solved!!!
    I have tried all of the possible fixes on this forum/thread... and none of them fixed them problem. I am convinced that this problem is releated to, and limited to, an early batch of S7 phones. I finally called Verizon and told them that I had already spent time with Tech Support at Samsung and Verizon, and that I just wanted them to replace the phone. The phone was already beyond the 14 day Verizon return period, but still falls under the 12 month Samsung warranty period. As such, Verizon arranged to overnight me a replacement phone. Being a Samsung warranty replacement, the phone is not necessarily a "new" phone, and may be a "refurbished" phone. I agreed to this, and received a replacement phone the next day.

I have set up the phone just as I did the previous phone... same applications and settings. And this phone works just fine!!! If you are having this problem, I suggest you contact your Provider and get a replacement phone.
    04-13-2016 01:11 PM
    Settings > notifications> advanced> scroll down to myfiles and click it> enable the bottom 2 options starting from the bottom (although hide on lock screen should disable both. Bingo!
    Now go to your apps menu and click on Samsung Apps. Pull the my files app out of it and put it on your home screen for easy access. Walla!
    04-19-2016 02:42 PM
    got my S7 Edge in Titanium Silver on T-Mobile yesterday and yes it is amazing!

threw a 64gb sandisk micro sd card in it - format card in the phone - recognized and working fine

put some music and pics on the card via my PC

every half hour or so I have this annoying "SD CARD for transferring photos and media" message popping up in my notification shade. It has two options explore or eject.

Anyone know how to disable this?
    04-20-2016 11:47 AM
    Hi Everyone, I have the note 4 and was able to clear it in 3 seconds. Swipe your screen down then press on the "SD card" for 2 seconds then a pop up will switch over and just tap "clear".
    04-20-2016 11:50 AM
    I sent my S7 to a Samsung authorized service repair center. Verdict: They need to replace the motherboard. Its officially an hardware issue, thus not affecting all devices. The ones that are affected needs replacement/or motherboard replacement. When they replace the motherboard, they have (no choice) to also replace the screen. Cost CDN 690$.

I wounder why Samsung just don't send me a new phone as their cost for a new device is around 240$ USD.
    04-20-2016 04:38 PM
    I sent my S7 to a Samsung authorized service repair center. Verdict: They need to replace the motherboard. Its officially an hardware issue, thus not affecting all devices. The ones that are affected needs replacement/or motherboard replacement. When they replace the motherboard, they have (no choice) to also replace the screen. Cost CDN 690$.

I wounder why Samsung just don't send me a new phone as their cost for a new device is around 240$ USD.
    How do you know they are not just taking default action when they don't know what's wrong and hoping this will fix it just to say they did a repair, their job is done. Especially if it isn't reproducible for them. If I get to see their equivalent of a car's technical service bulletin then I will be convinced. If it really is the board I would like to know if that is the only known defect or something else has been fixed on it we should have. I have the problem periodically but not frequently and I am not even sure I need the extra storage so I can probably live with it. But if there is something else that gets fixed I would rethink that.

04-20-2016 06:16 PM
    This is a random thing for me. I'm using S7 on Verizon and sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. It sticks around for a long time then goes away. If it's a defect, Samsung should fix it for free.
    04-22-2016 10:22 PM
    I used to get after the first AT&T security update and would swipe away after restart and powering on in the morning never to see it again until restart. After the second AT&T security update, no more issues. Haven't seen it since updating earlier this week.

04-22-2016 11:10 PM
    I can confirm that after the att update this week I no longer get the SD card notification after a reboot. I only used to see it after reboot.

Make it so.
    04-22-2016 11:39 PM
160 ... 34567